Browser data visible on 2 PCs

LakotaLuna

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
I setup a home network with workgroup of 3 PCs and 2 laptops, 1 PC XP Professional wired, 2 PCs XP Home (1 wired 1 wireless), both laptops XP Professional wireless. I just switched the XP Home (wired) to XP Pro to install Linux. I use ZoneAlarm Security Suite on all except the PC I just converted to XP Pro on which I have AVG Internet Security. I using a 4-port Linksys wireless-G cable Gateway (WCG200 v2) router/modem connection, ISP is Comcast.

I had 2 system up, one XP Pro w/ZoneAlarm Security Suite (PC1) and the other XP Pro w/AVG Internet Security (PC2). I was ordering something online on PC1 when ZoneAlarm stopped me indicating the site I was on might be a phishing site. I turned to PC2 and pulled up the site. Everything (all my personal info) I had typed into the PC1 showed up on Pc2. BIG BREAK IN SECURITY. I never noticed this before and don't know what I could have done recently to cause this.

Where did I go wrong? How do I ensure what is typed into a browser on one machine doesn't appear on another. I'll be adding another PC (windows 7) to this network in about a month that I'll used just for personal stuff. PC1 and PC2 will be used for business. The laptops are used by family and friends.

Thanks!

scaye

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2007
Only other thing I can figure is that they temp stored your data via IP address, and when you came back into their site on a computer connected to the same IP they filled in your data.

By what you are describing that's what it could be.

sturm

Splendid
Your EXTERNAL ip that the web site sees will be the same no matter how many INTERNAL ips you are using. As far as the website knew it was getting a request from the same IP address that just filled in the data, so it sent that data along with the web page reload.

I have to try this at home sometime and see if it works.