Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany Garc

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Hi, this is my first post, im an ocassional gamer, and i would like to know if my computer can be overclocked and if there is a guide to do so.
Excuse me for my bad english, and thanks you in advance

My computer:

CPU: Intel Core i7 920
Motherboard: INTEL DX58SO
Chipset: X58
Memory: 3x2GB Kingstom PC3-10700
Graphics : nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+

The Intel i7-920 can be overclocked and you would have to go into the motherboards bios to see the options for overclocking that cpu , what you want to look for is the cpu multiplier and at stock it should be running at x25. That is what you first want to use for starting to overclock and you can increase that multiplier untill windows becomes unstable at which point you would decide to stop and back off 10% or start adding voltage to make the overclock stable.
I know by just reading this that it sounds easy but this is just a quick condsnsed version so you get the idea and there are stickey notes at the top of this forum that have more info into doing the overclocking process.
The one thing that you are going to need is patience , because it is actually a very tedious process and with each increase you have to verify that the increase is stable so it's a lot of going into the bios and then into windows for testing and then back to the bios and then back to Windows for testing.
So when you decide to do the overclock plan on it taking a few hours. The end result is worth the time invested in a stable overclock.

U should get one like this.

If u get an after market CPU cooler, u can OC to 3.8GHz with ease : )
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus120mm CPU Cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

550x-cm-hyper-cpu-cooler-1.jpg

[flash=640,360]http://www.youtube.com/v/c1DGRZSV_gI?version=3&feature=player_embedded[/flash]

Dany Garc

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012

yes i have the stock one, but it keeps my cpu between ~ 40-50 degrees so i guess its ok, thanks for the answers i got my pc to 3.0Ghz :)

Status
Not open for further replies.