External Hard Drive is in RAW Format?

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • External Hard Drive
  • Format
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
December 28, 2011 7:06:38 PM

Hello! (I'm 14, so excuse me for my grammar and the lack of knowledge) I've looked for my problem but although some people's are similar, I haven't got a solution, so I thought I'd come here.
I have a Fujitsu Siemens laptop, Windows Vista Home Basic.
The (I, uh, don't know the make/model, sorry!) hard drive is 232 gb, but when I first used it, it was 252gb.
Recently, my dad bought me a external hard drive to deal with the lack of space. It worked for a while until (I honestly don't know how) some of the files on my external hard-drive became corrupt. I looked online and asked my dad, and the solution came up to format it.

I formatted it and it worked for about 3 weeks. After the third week, my dad accidently turned off the battery charger which caused my laptop to shut down. When I re-started it, some of the files (Again) were corrupt and I searched through google and my dad's advice and I found to re-format it.

When I went to re-format it, it gave me an error. I went to Computer Management and this is what I see:

I've moved all of my documents out.

I'm sorry but the great big wall of text, but I'm tearing my hair out here. Asking my dad isn't an issue, since when I asked him he said: "Don't ask me, this is your problem now."

More about : external hard drive raw format

!