Solved

Need help building budget system

I don't have much information about what I need other then I have a 300-400$ budget, this is for my brother and he just lost his job but needs a computer for general use, microsoft office, surfing the internet and thats it. I wanted to just get him some kind of dual core amd system because they arent expensive.. I know hardware is very cheap right now but I want to make sure I get the right parts that wont break down any time soon. Can someone help me find something really cheap? Thanks. if I did something wrong in this post i'm sorry.

he just needs a pc with no monitor, something I might be able to throw a few upgrades in to it so in the future it wont be too slow to do general stuff. Mabey start with 2 gigs of memory. I just don't know where to go for the best prices..

thank you

(I am new at building computers, I know how to do everything but I just wanted to make sure that the parts are compatible and are easy to work with, where I wont have to spend forever trying to get things to work..)

I would like to have this system within the next week, he has a 17 ' lcd at 1280x1024, I don't care what brand as long as its durable, I dont need a keyboard and mouse,
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need building budget system
  1. http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=di545s_r_1e&c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&kc=desktop-inspiron-545s

It comes with an OS & support. If you build one, you need about $100 for OS. Unless he doesn't mind Linux.
  2. it seems like it would be better and smarter to build one doesnt it?
  3. Best answer
    Yes, it will work alright. You might wanna include a dvd burner/reader for installing os. Do you have any OS?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product