Sign in with
Your question
Closed

I am connected, but the icon in my taskbar says otherwise

Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 21, 2010 12:05:39 AM

Hello all. I am experiencing a nuisance of a problem. I am very OCD and cannot stand the fact that even though I am connected to my wireless network, there is a red 'X' through the wireless icon on my task bar. Would anyone have any idea how to get rid of it?

It only happens after I return from standby or hibernation mode. If i restart my computer and connect to my home network via wireless, it is fine. The icon indicates that I am connected and everything is running fine. Please help me fix this issue before my obsessive compulsive behavior gets the best of me! Haha...

P.S. I'm actually going to school for IT so I feel like a pretty big moron. I know a lot about networking and computers, but obviously not as much as I should; just felt like throwin' that out there...

More about : connected icon taskbar

March 21, 2010 12:16:34 AM

Left click the wireless icon in the tray, select Properties, uncheck "Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity".
Score
March 21, 2010 5:30:30 PM

That worked... Thanks!
Score
Related resources
March 28, 2010 7:57:22 PM

Actually that didn't work at all, the icon still has a red X on it even though i am connected... Also, the list of available networks comes up and it says that i am not connected but really i am... very annoying and bothersome, would it maybe have something to do with being connected to my HOME network? i networked my laptop i'm on now, and my home computer in the other room and is wired to my comcast high-speed modem and my belkin n wireless router. somethin's not right...
Score
October 20, 2011 6:22:35 PM

I have the same problem, and the answer from eibgrad did not work for me either. Any other possible solutions?
Score
October 18, 2013 12:49:55 PM

hey, i know this is a really old post but for people that are still having this problem.. go to control panel>network and internet and if you see something called a "bridge connection" go ahead and delete that its not gunna harm anything and valla you should have it normal again. :) 
Score
!