Sign in with
Your question

Trying to make my computer stable, Randomly Shuts off.

Last response: in Overclocking
August 9, 2012 9:58:43 PM

here's my build ( I also have a plantronics gamecom 777 drawing too, but i couldn't add that.) Triple Samsung 23" monitors.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.as...

I have the turbo set @ 3.8 ghz atm. 110% CPU voltage allowance, and I upped the ram voltage by .125 from factory to help.

I ran a 12 hour Memtest, not a single error.

Ambient Temp is 35C, 100% load is about 58C. The GPU's will jump up to around 75C when they're getting hammered.

PSU calculator says that I only need 740ish watts for everything at 100% load with 30% degradation.

I run prime95 for about 30 minutes and then Bang, shutdown and come back on.

Anyone have any thoughts? Right now it feels like I'm slamming my head against a brick wall with this. I've spent about 8 hours trying to fix the darn thing....

Here's what I'm finding in my event viewer, from earliest to latest that I believe to be relevent.

Quote:
Critical : Event 41

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Quote:

Error : Event 6008

The previous system shutdown at 5:44:17 PM on ‎8/‎9/‎2012 was unexpected.
a b K Overclocking
August 9, 2012 10:13:36 PM

What CPU are you running and what are you using to monitor temps?

My 9yo emachines rig did that when I tried to make it render HD movies. It turns out it was overheating and shutting down to protect itself.

58c on a phenom core shouldn't cause a shutdown, but the core temps shown on HWmonitor can read low by ~11C.

58C could actually be 69C and that could cause a shutdown. (with a Phenom anyway)
m
l
August 9, 2012 10:16:53 PM

i7 2600k, I'm using coretemp + windows gadget to gauge, and they're both saying the same thing
m
l
!