MSI gtx 560 ti under clocking itself -..-

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
August 9, 2012 10:08:53 PM

Only ever started happening today.
While playing the Witcher 2.

I've benchmarked and run this GPU for almost over a year without issue.
Now all of the sudden it keeps auto-reducing itself down to 405mhz. It's really pissing me the *** off. twice now this *** has killed me when I about killed a pain in the ass boss on that damn game.
Temps never get above 75c.

Otherwise using afterburner
Voltage 1025
Core 950
Shader 1900
memory 2400

Never have i had an issue with the settings until now. Not too mention I've been fine playing the witcher 2 for almost 2 days now. Just started earlier today. I added a fan blowing right on the gpu to help figure maybe heating could be an issue. Nothing. It seems to go back to 950mhz ONLY when I reboot my PC. I've done everything else and that's the only way it goes back up. I've set everything for max performance nothings working for it to stay at 950 now.

Edit: I also noticed now the Memory clock is going down to 324.

Tried reinstalling drivers no change. currently using 301.4 drivers.

More about : msi gtx 560 clocking

August 10, 2012 5:04:21 AM

try the beta drivers if there are any for that card? or try upping the voltage to 1.05
m
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 150 K Overclocking
August 10, 2012 5:55:02 AM

Use the 304 or 305 drivers, if all else fails you can update the BIOS.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 10, 2012 6:57:02 AM

or, you can reinstall windows.
m
l
August 10, 2012 9:10:57 AM

amuffin said:
Use the 304 or 305 drivers, if all else fails you can update the BIOS.

just updated the mobo bios not long ago.
This windows install is fresh from about 30 days or so ago at most.
I will attempt to install newer drivers to see if it works.
m
l
August 10, 2012 10:56:41 AM

just tested the 304.7 drivers no change still underclocks itself

I even turned off uber sampling and my gpu's temps where much less.

At this point I'm assuming it has to do with my PSU. which is 600w. I'd assumed it would be suffice for my system. Perhaps not. It's the solytech 600w one.
Edit: changing voltage did nothing.
m
l
June 18, 2013 6:54:28 AM

gamerxavier said:
just tested the 304.7 drivers no change still underclocks itself

I even turned off uber sampling and my gpu's temps where much less.

At this point I'm assuming it has to do with my PSU. which is 600w. I'd assumed it would be suffice for my system. Perhaps not. It's the solytech 600w one.
Edit: changing voltage did nothing.

Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but I'm experiencing the same thing. Did you solve your issue?
m
l
June 18, 2013 2:07:48 PM

During the time of this issue, I discovered my PSU was 1 amp under my system requirements (without the OC) when playing the game it would become an issue, as normally it isn't since my hardware isn't bothered by some games. So, nevertheless I believe this issue is "always" the result of a powering issue, be it the card itself, a PSU issue, or not meeting the requirements from the PSU. I've done everything I could non-hardware level to discover it and nothing came up. Drive changes etc.

Turn off all overclocking as a start to see if that doesn't help. Then just see if your PSU has the amps for the system. Go from there with other hardware testing.
m
l
a c 103 K Overclocking
June 18, 2013 4:09:23 PM

Drat333 - start a thread n see if we can help. But yes, psu is first place to look in a situation like this. Installing a hardware moniror can help to watch voltages
m
l
June 18, 2013 4:31:07 PM

Buzz247 said:
Drat333 - start a thread n see if we can help. But yes, psu is first place to look in a situation like this. Installing a hardware moniror can help to watch voltages

I started a thread yesterday, there wasn't much activity so I decided to go scouring around some more. Link to the thread.

Do you mean a software hardware monitor, or a physical one? And which one would you recommend?

m
l
June 18, 2013 4:44:09 PM

if you got the MSI one, the afterburner I'm pretty sure has voltage details on it. If not there's the many commonly known ones HW monitor.
m
l
!