Which 9600GT should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazy_Mofo

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
I am buying one of these two as their the same price, just wondering if one of them is better than the other?

Galaxy GeForce 9600GT Overclocked PCI-E 512MB DDR3? or
Asus EN9600GT 512MB PCI-E Video Card DDR3?

Solution

Ok galaxy,asus,msi,xfx,HIS,sapphire and more are jus some of the leading brands out,and they all are pretty much the same or similar,i have alot of experience with pc gaming and deciding between such brands really is not hard.... as u may know ASUS lives up its name for outstanding quality,performance and reliabilty, NO DOUBT!!! i owned some parts from them myself!!...but if u are looking for a card for the moneys worth,one simple brand i suggest is XFX, there are many others!!! So it really up to u to choose...right now i have the "viewmax'geforce 9600gto 1gb ddr3, its not too high end but i max out all the latest games like, shift,crysis,farcry...

lazy_Mofo

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009

I can't sorry because these descriptions were just copied from an email I got from the guy who made my PC.

I brought a PC custom built PC (yes I know I should have gotten a AM3 Mobo with DDR3 but I didn't know what I was doing at the time, I've since done my research... but too late now):

AMD Athlon II X2 250
Using some ASUS AM2+ Mobo with a Geforce7 Onboard
4GB DDR2 800mhz (A Good reliable brand)
500GB HDD (A Good reliable brand)
Using some crappy generic 350W PSU
HiS ATI HD4670 1GB DDR3 128Bit

Anyway I've been having issues with the ATI Card and since I have a RTB warranty for the whole PC, so I'm sending it back to the guy, getting him to upgrade the PSU to a Corsair CX400 because I was paranoid it might be the PSU causing the problems (As I had no idea about PSUs and how important it was to have a good one when I brought the thing) and he offered to change to one of these two cards free (they cost $25 more) since the one I have is playing up.

I also wanted a 512mb card so I could utilize more of the 4GB on my 32bit XP OS, as I've read that the 1GB was an overkill on a slower card. (Again I had no idea the 32bit OS could only pickup 4GB in total and I didn't know the 1GB was an overkill when I brought them)

I really shouldn't have just brought this stuff until after my research... ah well.

Anyway after reading up alot more on the two cards heres what I got:

The ASUS 9600 - Is very quiet but can get up to heats of just over 100 degrees under heaving loading. It doesn't seem to have any type of obvious fan control.

The Galaxy 9600 - Tends to be a little louder, but it is factory overclocked by 25mhz/75mhz and its bigger. In testing results I've read it will peak at just over 70 degrees.

Seems like a bit of a no brainer eh? I think I'll go with the Galaxy one.

From what I've read the GT9600 needs a 400W psu, I'm assuming the Corsair CX400 being apprently such a great PSU, should hit the spot?

phenom21

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009

i wud say the asus,it is a little bit more stable and maybe a little more long lasting......but its preety much the same tho so its up to u!!

phenom21

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009

Ok galaxy,asus,msi,xfx,HIS,sapphire and more are jus some of the leading brands out,and they all are pretty much the same or similar,i have alot of experience with pc gaming and deciding between such brands really is not hard.... as u may know ASUS lives up its name for outstanding quality,performance and reliabilty, NO DOUBT!!! i owned some parts from them myself!!...but if u are looking for a card for the moneys worth,one simple brand i suggest is XFX, there are many others!!! So it really up to u to choose...right now i have the "viewmax'geforce 9600gto 1gb ddr3, its not too high end but i max out all the latest games like, shift,crysis,farcry 2,gta 4(high) and more(WITH ALL SETTINGS ON!!!!) With an average of 45fps on each game atleast...

SO IF U WANT MORE INFO OR SOME GRAPHICS CARD SUGGESTION, FEEL FREE TO REPLY!!!!!

UNTIL THEN.........................................................................

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.