PC boots to Acer Erecovery Management

itguy1981

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
I have a PC that started booting to Acer's Erecovery management to restore to factory every time the PC boots. I've tried using testdisk to recovery old bootable partitions but didn't find any that looked correct. I've tried fixboot and fixmbr. I've tried bootcfg /rebuild and I actually get 2 windows directories found even though there is one. I've added both and still it won't boot to XP. I've booted in to 7PE and edited to boot.ini and it still boots to the stupid recovery partition. I'm at my wits ends as to how to fix the issue without either backing up and doing the factory restore or deleting the recovery partition. The current OS is Media Center Edition 2005.

Tried this ?
at the Acer splash screen when turned on, press F10 and at the same time press F2 to enter BIOS. the unit is able to reload windows from this mode. the password by default is 000000 (6 zeroes) if you didn't already set up a password when first booted up upon your purchase. you can change password in this mode for eRecovery only. there is a hidden image on the HD (PQ service partition). the rest of the recovery is on screen just follow prompts. yes, it is a full wipe of HD, but hopefully you will have back up discs to reload programs. good luck

itguy1981

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Thank you for your reply. I think you misunderstood the problem. I don't need to boot in to the erecovery or reload the PC. I just needed it to boot to the correct partition. However, since this post I have backed up the PC, formatted the hard drive, deleted the acer partition because it errored when formatting C: to load factory, and installed Windows from CD.