BSNL

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
how much of OC is needed of intel core2duo E7400 @2.80 ghz processor to increase its performance like the i3 processors?

Since your at a stock speed of 2.8hgz you would just overclock as high as you can since if it didn't match the i then there wouldn't be anything you could do about it , so just do as much of a safe stable overclock as you can and see where you land.

BSNL

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

so how much oc's is recommended for my 2.80 ghz cpu?

BSNL

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

please tell me the steps of how to overclock my cpu. also tell me the life span of the cpu after overclocking it to 4.2 ghz. i bought my computer on 2009 ,december, my pc specs are here,

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01777936&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=101&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=3942826&prodTypeId=12454

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/259899-29-core-overclocking-guide

You can start by reading this article and it will give you the basics of what you need to overclock. Since you bught your computer in 2009 it is now three years old and while you can overclock the cpu you still have an older computer technology wise and at some point a new computer will be needed to keep up with programs and games.
I have looked at the spec's of your computer and the only thing that I can say is how much money do you have for a new computer?

You have DDR2 ram and 2gb of it.
You have intergrated graphics.
You have a 180w psu.
There is no upgrading to be done with this conputer because you would have to upgrade everything so even if you overclocked the cpu to a higher speed what do you hope to accomplish with this overclock?

BSNL

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

i am going to buy a radeon hd 6770 1gb ddr5 graphics card and 300 watt corsair psu . that's why i asked you'll to give me the steps of how to overclock the cpu.

If you read all of my post you'll notice that I said the whole computer needs to be upgraded because the computer is old and you can't just upgrade a few parts and think it's going to improve performance. Yes you can put in the video card and new psu but yo still have the DDR2 ram and the socket 775 cpu along with the motherboard it all connects to. So you add a part over here and over there is another part that's holding you back so the new part is a waste and will do you no good.
That's why I said you have to get a whole new computer. You can get a basic new computer , prebuilt for a resonable amount. How much do you have saved up that you could put towards a new computer?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227429

BSNL

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

then so what ? what's the problem with ddr2 ram and socket 775 cpu?i am not on buying a new computer.

BSNL

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

please give me the brief description of these sockets, and please don't tell my cpu a garbage.see the proof,

http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/game_requirements_check#

select my cpu which is intel core2duo E7400 @2.80 ghz and see

We're not telling you that your cpu is garbage , it's a decent cpu and can still be used for various tasks and games.
What we're trying to tell you is that the motherboard is garbage and if you want to overclock the E-7400 you need a different motherboard.
I was trying to tell you in a round about way that you need a new computer because there are too many components that would need to be upgraded and it would cost you the same as buying a new computer.
New motherboard , psu , video card and ram because you only have 2gb of ram.
This is all just a bandaid on on old system and won't last long because your making minimal upgrades and your wasting your money by dong that it's not worth it.
You said earlier you wanted to overclock the cpu that you had to get to the point of being equal with an i3 but that would only be speed wise and not tech wise because the i3 is the newer tech and has more basic instruction set in it to make it out perform and overclocked E-7400 by a wide margin.

BSNL

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

tell me about those sockets please.

The order of sockets is this , the 775 which you have is no longer produced and is considered old and not suppoered.
The next socket was the 1366 which was for the Naheilum and Gulftown cpus those sockets are on the verge of becoming not supported and while still in use is a very good platform and has a lot of benefits over even the newer ones. I still use a 1366 socket motherboard.
The 1156 was a breifly used socket and is not widely used.
The 1155 socket is the newer socket and i used for the Sandy Bridge cpu and the new Ivy Bridge cpu this is the current socket most widely used.
As you can see there have been a lot of sockets since the 775 and that makes it old in the tech world , the biggest problem is with the support of the older sockets since the newer ones get the most attention the older ones fall to the side and noone wants to bother with them.
The hard part is that the cpu still works and can be used in a functioning computer but bit by bit as you go along the system requirements will push that socket futher down the list untill it won't be usable for any game or application.

BSNL

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

but please tell about the uses of sockets in computers.

Smeg45

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012

It is garbage, it just cannot compete with modern tech, the architecture of new CPU's blow it away.

BSNL

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

please tell me the use of sockets please,i am not kidding.