Nvidia gtx 560 2gb overclock

fallen17754

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
trying to get this zotac gtx 560 to a 1ghz core overclock, its 820mhz stock, i cant get it stable past 900mhz, it crashes in games/benchmarking apps. ive tried upping the voltage and even at 1.1v it wont pull through? the max is 1.15v should i try that voltage setting? many websites have gotten their cards up into the 900-1000+ range but i cant get mine past 900mhz core clock. any tips?

Solution
What i would do is to set it at stock and slowly walk it up with clock speeds and voltage. First find the highest stable clock speed at stock voltage, then the highest mem clock speed at stock voltage, then raise each up by intervals of ten until it crashes. Then raise the Voltage up until it stops crashing. Then continue moving up clock speeds and voltage until you find a good setting. but REMEMBER, higher voltage= higher temperatures

drums101

Distinguished
you could def try adding more voltage...the only way you can really hurt your card is if you put an insane amount of voltage through it and let it over heat...I would try to add a little more voltage and see if that helps...but if not you just may have a not so good overclocking card....it happens not all cards can reach insane speeds due to minor differences in the manufacturing

unlongo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
What i would do is to set it at stock and slowly walk it up with clock speeds and voltage. First find the highest stable clock speed at stock voltage, then the highest mem clock speed at stock voltage, then raise each up by intervals of ten until it crashes. Then raise the Voltage up until it stops crashing. Then continue moving up clock speeds and voltage until you find a good setting. but REMEMBER, higher voltage= higher temperatures

Solution