Dell Inspiron 5150 overseas power question

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
July 23, 2004 7:35:35 AM

Do I need a power converter to use my notebook in Australia/New Zealand or
can I just use a outlet adapter?

--
"I'll find Fry's coffin, get his corpse and keep it under my mattress to
remind me that he's really dead. That'll prove I'm not insane!"

Goliath & Wildwing's Storage Room
http://anatidae.homestead.com/
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 23, 2004 11:21:48 PM

"james_anatidae" <parshallNOSPAM@citcom.net> wrote in message
> Do I need a power converter to use my notebook in Australia/New Zealand or
> can I just use a outlet adapter?

Look at what's written your the power adapter. Australia has 240 volts 50Hz. If the
power adapter will work with that all you need is a plug adapter, if not you will
also need a transformer.

Adam
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 24, 2004 5:12:37 AM

"Adam Helberg" <sendspamhere@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "james_anatidae" <parshallNOSPAM@citcom.net> wrote in message
> > Do I need a power converter to use my notebook in Australia/New Zealand
or
> > can I just use a outlet adapter?
>
> Look at what's written your the power adapter. Australia has 240 volts
50Hz. If the
> power adapter will work with that all you need is a plug adapter, if not
you will
> also need a transformer.

It says 100-240 V~ 50-60 Hz, so I guess it's okay to just use the plug
adapter then?
a b D Laptop
July 25, 2004 8:57:35 AM

> "Adam Helberg" <sendspamhere@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "james_anatidae" <parshallNOSPAM@citcom.net> wrote in message
> > > Do I need a power converter to use my notebook in Australia/New Zealand
> or
> > > can I just use a outlet adapter?
> >
> > Look at what's written your the power adapter. Australia has 240 volts
> 50Hz. If the
> > power adapter will work with that all you need is a plug adapter, if not
> you will
> > also need a transformer.
> >
> It says 100-240 V~ 50-60 Hz, so I guess it's okay to just use the plug
> adapter then?

Yes. You can get them at Radio Shack.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop