Merging partition failed, lost partition

Last response: in Storage
December 29, 2011 7:11:20 AM

Hi everyone

I lost a partition on my secondary drive

My secondary drive,

SEAGATE SATA 500GB ( AHCI mode)

no os on it, only for data

The second partition on it was 200GB , when almost full as shown in windows7 , I planned to merge the adjacent partition with it.

I used ACRONIS DISK DIRECTOR 11, from it boot environment ( not in windows) directly not under windows as I usually do.

WHen merging, when operation committed, I accidently pressed CANCEL .

It took its time and afterwards, my 200GB partition was UN-allocated with no file system.

I did tried ACRONIS partition recovery, it did'nt do anything.

Then I tried ACTIVE PARTITITION RECOVERY software. was also on self boot environment and not uner windows.

This showed me some hope, It showed me all files and directoried name I lost.
Thinking this will do the work I proceeded to update MBR. it gave me ooption to save actual MBR but aah, in self boot environement drives letters I were getting were virtual. so it did saved my MBR but not on any HDD or USB media.

situation is more worst now. that lost partition (Still unallocated) is now showing as the first partition.

I did tried easy recovery professional. in windows and in self boot environment. It does not help.

I am prefering free recovery softwares at the moment since this is not the right time to dig out best recovery utilites and get ready.
I will redefine my Backup policies and will buy some utilities later.

please suggest soon.
a b G Storage
January 2, 2012 5:12:00 AM

I have successfully used EaseUs partition recovery, which is free for home use. Other at TH Forum have also said they have used it successfully.

I have also successfully used TestDisk, which is also free. If you try this, be sure to read the wiki.

If you decide try some of the other programs on the web, be alert that there are some that will find your stuff, but require you to pay to recover it.

Good luck.
m
l
January 2, 2012 5:23:14 AM

Thanks guys

ACTIVE@PARTITION RECOVERY did'nt helped, although it showed lost items.

ACTIVE@FILE RECOVERY is the wonder that solved my problem in recovering all lost data.

I used it on a working win7 machine and connecting my drive as a secondary to it.

It takes long hours. 250GB of recovery, scan needs 2 or more hours
I saved the scan status time to time so I could resume later but that part not worked, I could not resume scanning.

Then I have to complete scan in one go an recover

It is not free. I used it on my friends machine.

It not only showed me items disturbed by cancelling previous merging process but also items long before I deleted.

One Problem I got in recovered data is:

- all media files are not playing well as they were earlier. quality is little down and not clear.

Media file means MP4 and FLV I saved earlier.

Can RECODING help? if so how and gain how do it freely?
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
January 10, 2012 5:28:46 AM

sunnyimran said:
Hi everyone

My secondary drive,

The second partition on it was 200GB , when almost full as shown in windows7 , I planned to merge the adjacent partition with it.

I used ACRONIS DISK DIRECTOR 11, from it boot environment ( not in windows) directly not under windows as I usually do.

It took its time and afterwards, my 200GB partition was UN-allocated with no file system.

Then I tried ACTIVE PARTITITION RECOVERY software. was also on self boot environment and not uner windows.

Thinking this will do the work I proceeded to update MBR. it gave me ooption to save actual MBR but aah, in self boot environement drives letters I were getting were virtual. so it did saved my MBR but not on any HDD or USB media.

situation is more worst now. that lost partition (Still unallocated) is now showing as the first partition.

I did tried easy recovery professional. in windows and in self boot environment. It does not help.

I am prefering free recovery softwares at the moment since this is not the right time to dig out best recovery utilites and get ready.

please suggest soon.

you could try to use other data recovery software, such as easy recovery (freeware) or power data recovery (I have tested it free edition and help me find my data back which was lost in a fault
m
l
January 10, 2012 5:31:02 AM

quesionboy said:
you could try to use other data recovery software, such as easy recovery (freeware) or power data recovery (I have tested it free edition and help me find my data back which was lost in a fault

Thanks but easy recovery has never helped me for me.

I recovered all my required items by Active File recovery
but the problem in video files I mentioned earlier need solution
m
l
a b G Storage
January 10, 2012 5:42:31 AM

sunnyimran said:
Thanks but easy recovery has never helped me for me.

I recovered all my required items by Active File recovery
but the problem in video files I mentioned earlier need solution

WOW ! does that tool work, the Active File recovery? I will test it in next time
Best Regards
m
l
a b G Storage
January 13, 2012 6:46:21 PM

Good work.
m
l
July 30, 2012 3:02:04 AM

sunnyimran said:
Hi everyone

My secondary drive,

please suggest soon.

hello, you can read this article http://www.disk-partition.com/resource/merge-partition-... to help you merge unallocated space to the partition ou merge partitions. Hope helpful
m
l
August 7, 2012 3:13:14 AM

sunnyimran said:
Thanks, I will keep it for future use. Currently no issues.

no problem, if you have any other question in the future, just send me a message :D  :lol: 
m
l
!