Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

THESE A DESIGN PROBLEM RELATDE TO AM DAHL LAW

Last response: in CPUs
Share
March 15, 2010 10:26:47 AM

Your company has just bought a new system with a dual core processor ,and you
Have been tasked with optimizing your software for this system. You will run two
Application so this dual core machine,but the resource requirements are not equal.
The first application needs75% of the resources ,and the other only 25%of the
resources.
i. Given that60%of the first application is parallelizable, how much speed up
would you achieve with that application if run in isolation?
ii. Given that 90%of the second application is parallelizable,how much speed up
would this application observe if run in isolation?
iii. Given that 60% of the first application is parallelizable, how much overall
system speed up would you observe if you parallelized it ,but not the second
application?
iv. How much overall system speed up would you achieve if you parallelized both
applications ,given the informationin parts(i)and(ii)?

More about : design problem relatde dahl law

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 15, 2010 11:13:47 AM

Sounds like you need help on a homework assignment!!

Best go work it out or you will never know how to do it yourself,!
m
0
l
a c 131 à CPUs
March 15, 2010 5:34:15 PM

antveer, this is your cue to say "hahaha, it was worth a shot"
m
0
l
!