Your question

Unlocking my p2x2 560 2 xtra cores

Last response: in Overclocking
August 10, 2012 11:51:05 AM

i set my bios to this and worked
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-imag [...] 10088.jpg/
what do u think ???
but win7 still reads it as a p2x2 560
*when i restart the pc it wouldnt boot so i hit the clear cmos button and do it again and work
a c 102 À AMD
a c 138 K Overclocking
August 10, 2012 4:32:30 PM

If you hit the clear c-mos button then you have cleared the settings in the bios that you had set so that's why Win 7 still reads p2x2 560 , you have erased the settings of the unlock.
When you do a clear c-mos you are resetting the biosback to factory default.
August 11, 2012 1:35:34 PM

inzone said:
If you hit the clear c-mos button then you have cleared the settings in the bios that you had set so that's why Win 7 still reads p2x2 560 , you have erased the settings of the unlock.
When you do a clear c-mos you are resetting the biosback to factory default.

i think my mobo isnt capable of unlocking or overclockin (ecs 880gm-a3)
cause i tried to increse he multiplier and i wouldnt boot ,
ill just w8 untill i get the new psu ,cooler ,graphic card and try again,
does the igp unit handicap oc ???
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 102 À AMD
a c 138 K Overclocking
August 11, 2012 3:45:30 PM

The igp is part of the cpu and shouldn't handicap a cpu. Your cpu is a Phenom 11 x2 560 Be , correct? Because the AMD cpus areknown to be very overclockable and along with increasing the multiplier you have to add voltage. The adding of voltage is done in extremely small increments like the next number that you see to be increased to.
August 11, 2012 4:27:39 PM

inzone said:
The igp is part of the cpu and shouldn't handicap a cpu. Your cpu is a Phenom 11 x2 560 Be , correct? Because the AMD cpus areknown to be very overclockable and along with increasing the multiplier you have to add voltage. The adding of voltage is done in extremely small increments like the next number that you see to be increased to.

yeah its 560 be @3300 stock
the igp is a part of the mobo and it uses 750 mb of my ram thats why i think its a handicap.

the bios automaticly increase the voltage of cpu to 1.555 mv whatever the multiplier i choose, i can set it to any value i
want
i still havent got serious with oc cause iam using a cheap psu & stock cooler and i want to disable the igp

a c 102 À AMD
a c 138 K Overclocking
August 11, 2012 4:33:23 PM

Putting a video card in the first slot should disable the igp. If you put an AMD video card in the slot then if your motherboard supports crossfire x you can have the two working together.
!