Lexar drive not detected, pls help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isewal

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
hello pros

my 16gb lexar usb flash drive is not showing on my pc. It was working fine until last night. Any tips/help??

Solution
Hello isewal,

Try this:

1. Connect this Flash Drive to a different port in your computer and see if it works.
2. Connect this Flash Drive to another computer and see if it works.
3. Does this drive show in your BIOS
4. Does this drive show in Computer Management (Right Click on Computer >> Manage >> Disk Management) - if it is detected here, it must have a drive letter assigned to it (like D: or E: etc.). If there is not drive letter, you need to assign one.

Please try this and post the outcome here and we would go from there.

Hope something works out - Good luck and Happy New Year!!

jsmakkar

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Hello isewal,

Try this:

1. Connect this Flash Drive to a different port in your computer and see if it works.
2. Connect this Flash Drive to another computer and see if it works.
3. Does this drive show in your BIOS
4. Does this drive show in Computer Management (Right Click on Computer >> Manage >> Disk Management) - if it is detected here, it must have a drive letter assigned to it (like D: or E: etc.). If there is not drive letter, you need to assign one.

Please try this and post the outcome here and we would go from there.

Hope something works out - Good luck and Happy New Year!!

Solution

melinda_31

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012

Sorry to bump that old thread, i am having the same issue.
4. Does this drive show in Computer Management ... it doesn't, all the fixed i am reading online are about letter assignment, i just can't seem to find the drive anywhere, Thanks for your help!

demwilliams_27

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012

HI,

Please contact out lexar support either at www.lexar.com and go to support, and or you can call us at 1-888-363-4309 for assistence.

Status
Not open for further replies.