What psu?

Hello i was looking at some Power Supply Calculators but they seem to say Different Power Supplys to use!

please someone help!!!!

do i need a 700w?

AMD Phenom 965 Bundle Deal Including ASUS M4A79XTD EVO Motherboard, Phenom 965 Black Edition Processor (maybe overclock), GEIL 4GB DDR3 Black Dragon Memory and Windows 7 Home premium Edition plus, Colin Mcrae Dirt 2,sapphire redoeon hd 5770,

please help

Regards rob
7 answers Last reply
More about what
  1. sorry about adding Colin Mcrae Dirt 2 lol
  2. and Front: 140mm Red LED Fan x 1 (included)
    Top: 140mm Fan x 1 (included) or 120mm Fan x 1 (might Included)
    Rear: 120mm Red LED Fan x 1 (included)
    Side: Acrylic window; supports 120mm x 2 (might Included)
  3. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

It's not true, with a 550W PSU you have enough if you don't plan use Crossfire. Antec 550W

If you want use Crossfire, you need a 650W PSU for your rig. Antec 650W

Here are the system requirements for your 5770 GPU.

ATI Radeon™ HD 5770 System Requirements

PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
    450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
    Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://ati.amd.com/certifiedPSU for a list of Certified products
    Minimum 1GB of system memory
    Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
    DVD playback requires DVD drive
    Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive
    For an ATI CrossFireX™ system, a second ATI Radeon™ HD 5770 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per graphics card (included) are required
  4. The rating will depend on the quality of the power supply. With a cheaper power supply you may need a higher wattage output to achieve the same affects of a good power supply. When you are picking out a power supply be sure to get one that is 80 PLUS Certified. Two good companies to look at are corsair and antec; they are high quality and are reasonably priced. Personally I would go with a 650w if you plan on running 2 5770s in the future or you are not sure about future upgrades, this would give you some head room for future upgrades. A 450w to a 550w would be fine for your current setup.
  5. hello thanks for the help, would a collmaster 700w psu be ok because it comes i a deal with ebuer.
  6. I’m guessing you mean cooler master 700w. I have heard good things about them, but I have not personally used them. It will give you what you need but it will be overkill for a single 5770, also it may be cheaper to get the corsair.
  7. See the links that I post, with that two PSUs are enough for your rig.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Product