Sign in with
Your question

Computer crash wont turn on

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 4, 2010 10:37:24 PM

My ASUS laptop worked fine one night and the next day i go to use it (hibernating) and i press the power button and it comes on and says windows failed to start... and i pressed enter to continue with system resume and then it shut off completely. confused i tried again and this time it gave me an option to go to the boot menu and i did that and it crashed again and now it wont turn on at all

Does anyone know what is wrong or how to fix it if fixable? the pc is less than a year old :( 

More about : computer crash wont turn

a b V Motherboard
August 4, 2010 10:47:13 PM

Might be overheating from a dust buildup...

Also can you post more info on it? At least the exact model of laptop, ideally with specs like CPU, GPU, OS
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 156 V Motherboard
August 5, 2010 10:15:33 AM

If it is less than a year old, it should still be under warranty. If so, return it.
m
l
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
August 5, 2010 11:26:18 AM

Do you have a bootable CD ? What happens if you boot to a CD ? Can you enter BIOS ? This will tell whether you have an HDD-related failure or another hardware failure.
m
l
August 7, 2010 9:28:18 PM

wolfram23 said:
Might be overheating from a dust buildup...

Also can you post more info on it? At least the exact model of laptop, ideally with specs like CPU, GPU, OS

This is the link from best buy where i got it so it should have all the specs you need... http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Laptop+/+Intel%26%23...
m
l
!