GA EX58-UD4P Replacement Equivalent

ks89

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
Hello! I just got off the phone with Gigabyte regarding my dead motherboard (they are really quite nice and quick, support wise).

Unfortunately they no longer manufacture the model I had previously. I am hesitant to swap for a refurbished model, so I was wondering if there was a feature (and price) equivalent Gigabyte board in production, that any of you might reccommend (so i could try to ask for it). Thank you for your time.

(Am I crazy for asking this? Gigabyte seems pretty reasonable :p)

ks89

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
Thanks for the quick reply! That board does look pretty nice, the only thing I'm a little wary of is this:

"The PCIEX8_1 and PCIEX8_2 slots share bandwidth with the PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2 slots espectively. When PCIEX8_1 is populated with an expansion card, the PCIEX16_1 slot will operate at up to x8 mode; when PCIEX8_2 is populated with an expansion card, the PC IEX16_2 slot will operate at up to x8 mode."

I have 1 video card, a sound card, and a network card, f I were ever to invest in another card, would that majorly limit the system to have one of the video card to be in x8 mode?