GA EX58-UD4P Replacement Equivalent

Hello! I just got off the phone with Gigabyte regarding my dead motherboard (they are really quite nice and quick, support wise).

Unfortunately they no longer manufacture the model I had previously. I am hesitant to swap for a refurbished model, so I was wondering if there was a feature (and price) equivalent Gigabyte board in production, that any of you might reccommend (so i could try to ask for it). Thank you for your time.

(Am I crazy for asking this? Gigabyte seems pretty reasonable :P)
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about ex58 ud4p replacement equivalent
  1. Best answer
  2. Thanks for the quick reply! That board does look pretty nice, the only thing I'm a little wary of is this:

"The PCIEX8_1 and PCIEX8_2 slots share bandwidth with the PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2 slots espectively. When PCIEX8_1 is populated with an expansion card, the PCIEX16_1 slot will operate at up to x8 mode; when PCIEX8_2 is populated with an expansion card, the PC IEX16_2 slot will operate at up to x8 mode."

I have 1 video card, a sound card, and a network card, f I were ever to invest in another card, would that majorly limit the system to have one of the video card to be in x8 mode?
  3. I honestly wouldn't be able to tell as I don't own this board or have had a chance to try it out. Maybe someone who owns it will reply to here or maybe this article can help clear things up:,2614.html
  4. Thank you for everything soulbrotha! Turns out they iddn't have anymore UD3rs, so my choice was kind of made for me, but thanks for the info!
  5. Best answer selected by ks89.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Motherboards