Sign in with
Your question

Fun overclocking

Last response: in Overclocking
August 10, 2012 7:32:09 PM

hi guys
ive just upgraded my pc and i have a spare socket lga775 motherboard and two cpu,s ( pentium E5700 and celeron E3300 ) and i want to do some basic overclocking... nothing too serious ... just more educational and seeing how much i can get out of the cpu,s
now im using a pretty basic mobo .. the asrock g41m-gs has all the basic settings... however im sure i can only raise the fsb and change cpu voltage....
for cooling i will be using a cool it eco alc (120mm ) and 3 x 120mm fans .. one front (intake ). .. top ( exhuast ) and side ( exhuast ) with the eco working as a intake
i know for a fact you can hit 3.3ghz from the stock 2.6ghz by simply changing the fsb to 266mhz from the stock 200mhz .... but 4ghz is possible with some tinkering including increasing the cpu core voltage to 1.6v.. however is this too high....

as you can see 4ghz is acheived again by increasing the fsb to 320mhz from the stock 200mhz and increasing the voltage ..... but at this speed the cpu temp hits 69c... so would something in the region of 3.7ghz be better ?
ive never been a fan of overclocking since i never wanted to damage my only system ... however with a spare system i thought i would give it a go
finally which cpu would you use.... the celeron E3300 or the pentium E5700 ?
many thanks guys

More about : fun overclocking

a c 150 K Overclocking
a c 186 à CPUs
August 10, 2012 7:53:08 PM

It is too high....
!