Asus p8z77-v le can't set cpu ratio help?

wrec

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
Hello,
I'm a beginner at overclocking, and I just got an asus p8z77-v le motherboard with an i5-3570k processor. I've been trying to overclock my processor manually via the BIOS to no avail. The bios simply won't let me do anything about the CPU ratio. And I've been digging through the different menus and submenus. The setting that is supposed to give me access to the ratio settings for the cpu is on auto, and I can't access it. I've been reading other threads and forums about this all evening, but nothing I do will let me set the ratio manually. I'm getting kinda desperate here, so any help at all would be hugely appreciated.
My BIOS-version is 0316, if that helps at all.

Regards,
Jake

wrec

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
Unfortunately that won't let me do changes to the cpu ratio. Tried it multiple times. I'm starting to wonder if I have a faulty MB or something, since some posts would have you believe it's incredibly simple, yet I've yet to find a way to actually be able to manipulate the ratio setting. It just keeps saying "auto", and no matter how much I press enter, it won't let me change it.

Hmm. Damn, I'm kinda stumped myself, now.

Well, can you change the "main" multiplier? AI Tweaker -> CPU Power Management -> "CPU Ratio"

Oh, and I just thought of this too. You need to use the + or - keys on the keypad to change the multipliers, by the way (either the Turbo multipliers OR the "main" multiplier).

wrec

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
Yeah, I now feel officially stupid. It worked like a charm. That's what you get for not reading properly. Thanks so much my friend, now I can enjoy my beer instead of sulking with it :D.