Can i use two internet connections in one router

prince_rock_here2007

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
sir.
i want to know about internet routers can i use two internet connections in one router
if it is possible plz tell me i am sick tired of this mess about internet connections
regards
it help desk

staalkoppie

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
My router has one ADSL connection, however we run 3-4 different internet service connections at the same time...not sure if I understand the question/

TegGhola

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Well, you could get yourself something like this:

Trusted Reviews: Draytek Vigor2820n Wireless ADSL2/2+ Firewall Router but note that the second WAN socket requires that you have an ADSL modem actually maintaining the connection.

It does also allow a USB data stick to be connected to supplement the connection too.

I think this is the nearest you'll get to what (I think) you're trying to do. If you insist on two modems built into one box, I think you'll be looking for a long time, as that's not something I've ever seen.

ericrodriguez21

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Im assuming you want to tie in two connections to either boost your speed or have one connection in case the other fails. either way you cannot do this with ordinary routers because they only have one WAN link. to do this you need a 2xWAN link to use load balancing or failover. DUAL WAN GIGABIT SSL VPN FIREWALL
FVS336G is a good choice because it supports many types of connections. although if you want a router with two WAN links its going to cost more. the one i mentioned above is a great choice and it costs 300$