Crazyfresh

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
Hello,
I've been having a problem with my Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop for quite some time now. When it's powered on with the battery and/or power cord in the internal fan turns on, the front lights come one for a short period of time and then it shuts off. If you keep pushing the power button on sometimes the fan will stay on indefinitely until you press and hold the power button, then it shuts off. The whole time the monitor does not come on (however it has in the past but has worsened and now doesn't come on at all.) Also, in the past it would get all the way into Windows XP and function perfectly until pressure is applied on the palm rests below the keyboard, then it would completely shut off. The last time it worked (a couple years ago) it was left on all night without the power cord in and when I turned it back on it wouldn't turn on; even after plugging it in. I'm not certain why the first 20 attempts turning it on it would boot to windows and subsequently get shut off by physical shakes and pressure and now the monitor doesn't show anything. Could there be a grounding issue? What do you think?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums!

from the sound of what happened to your laptop, your components may have overheated and damaged some parts - namely your GPU chip and eventually your laptop mobo.

What else can you recall that can suggest it was used recently, amidst the problems?