Sign in with
Your question

Biostar flasher utility not recognizing BIOS file

Last response: in Motherboards
August 5, 2010 2:00:02 AM

I have a Biostar TA890FXE mobo, no OS currently installed, and a blank/unpartitioned hdd. I am trying to update my BIOS because I keep having issues installing Windows 7 (and XP) and I'm fairly certain it is because there are updates that need to be installed on my mobo. I managed to get to the bio-flasher utility screen after pressing F12 in the POST, downloaded the bios utility file from Biostar's website, and put the unzipped file on my USB. However, the utility isn't recognizing any files and the Status window in the middle of the screen says "No possible bios file found. Press any key to try again." I've tried taking everything out of the file but that doesn't appear to work either.

I was trying to install the Bios utility that I found here: http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/bios.php?S_ID=482 but there are other files in the drivers section that I also need and have not installed. I'm not sure if the drivers are supposed to come before the bios utility though.

If this makes any difference, I downloaded and put the files on a USB from a mac. Also, the particular USB I'm using has something called Universal USB Installed on it and it says that "it is an installer script that will automate the creation of a bootable USB device that can be used to put a select Live Linux Distribution on USB." I have no idea if that's relevant, but I thought I'd add it just in case.
a c 435 V Motherboard
August 5, 2010 11:21:45 AM

You probably need to make your usb bootable and load both the bios flash program and file on it. I use the hardrive software to prep any drive. But you need the original cd from a retail boxed drive or download the file and burn a copy. I would also list your "issues" because they may have nothing to do with the bios.
m
l
!