Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need help from Laing D5 Owners RPM Wire

Last response: in Overclocking
August 10, 2012 11:40:54 PM

Okay, so I recently came across a great deal on some extra water cooling parts. I got a 120mm Black Ice Rad, an older Danger Den CPU block, a DD single bay reservoir, some 1/2in barbs, and a "broken" D5 pump for $45. After inspecting the pump it appears that the only problem was a contact that had come loose on the large capacitor and the RPM sensor wire had fallen off. I resoldered the capacitor contact and the pump operates fine now, but I cannot for the life of me determine where the blue RPM wire should be soldered on. I know it is not essential, but since I have everything out, I figured I might as well try to repair it. If anyone could please point out where the wire should go, I would be very appreciative.

More about : laing owners rpm wire

a c 138 K Overclocking
August 11, 2012 4:55:13 AM

Does the wire have any solder on it that would tell you it was previously soldered to a point of contact.
m
l
August 11, 2012 6:40:27 PM

inzone said:
Does the wire have any solder on it that would tell you it was previously soldered to a point of contact.

Yes, there is solder on the tip of the wire. I can't find any place on the PCB that looks like something detached from it though.
m
l
Related resources
a c 138 K Overclocking
August 11, 2012 8:50:20 PM

Maybe it was soldered someplace near where the other wires are.
m
l

Best solution

a c 324 K Overclocking
August 12, 2012 4:08:36 AM

It's a feature that anyone with a D5 can actually add if an RPM/Tach wire isn't present. I've heard of people doing it, but most either just buy it outright with the tach wire present.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?234698-So-who-thinks-my-Aquaero-w-home-made-super-powerboster-will-work/page2

Here's a link with some photos/discussions of a guy wanting to add the functionality to his D5, but it should be the same to replace yours that disconnected. The images aren't superb, but should give you a good idea of where to start.
August 14, 2012 4:51:31 AM

rubix_1011 said:
It's a feature that anyone with a D5 can actually add if an RPM/Tach wire isn't present. I've heard of people doing it, but most either just buy it outright with the tach wire present.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?234698-So-who-thinks-my-Aquaero-w-home-made-super-powerboster-will-work/page2

Here's a link with some photos/discussions of a guy wanting to add the functionality to his D5, but it should be the same to replace yours that disconnected. The images aren't superb, but should give you a good idea of where to start.

Thats just was I was looking for. I couldn't find pictures anywhere. Thanks for your help.
m
l
August 14, 2012 4:51:38 AM

Best answer selected by dark-edge.
m
l
!