Onboard Network Adapter not detected/bad driver?

xl7zandy

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
I have a custom built system with a ASRock x58 Extreme motherboard. The network adapter is onboard and is from realtek. I am running Windows 7 64-bit. Windows has stopped detecting the hardware or driver several times in the past, but usually if I wait long enough, automatic updates finds it again and I am back in business. I really need to use the internet as I am working from home. Is there any way that I can get the proper driver and have my machine actually detect the network adapter? I have tried the CD that came with the motherboard, but even when I first installed the drivers from the CD the network adapter wasn't detected. I also went to the ASRock website, but I installed the Windows 7 64-bit driver from them and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions.

Thanks.

xl7zandy

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Under PCI PnP the only options I have are Latency Timer and PCI IDE BusMaster (you can set the time for the latency timer and you can choose either Enable/Disable for the PCI IDE BusMaster) Is that what you are seeing?

spiraling

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2007
I'd suggest finding the model of the network adapter and doing a search via Realtek - I 've had similar issue with one of their wireless and Vista always finding the wrong driver for it.
Go to Realtek's site once you have the model # and download the proper driver for it, then install driver manually. That'd be my first suggestion.
Second suggestion since you have so many problems would be to get a PCI or PCIe card (they're $15) by Netgear or 3COM or similar, disable the onboard LAN, install new one and live happily ever after.

TRENDING THREADS