Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking GT 650M..need help

Last response: in Overclocking
August 11, 2012 8:20:42 AM

I want to overclock my laptop gpu GT 650M..My question is will my overclocked gpu run at the same temperature as before while playing games??

More about : overclocking 650m

August 11, 2012 6:56:21 PM

Cspro, firstly I need to state that I am unsure of whether or not you are able to OC your Laptops GPU, as you're the first person I've read anything about OCing on a laptop GPU (if OCing on laptops is common, then please excuse my ignorance).

However, if you are able to, you're going to look at different temperatures. They may variate a degree or so, but the general answer to your question is; Yes, anytime you OC a piece of hardware, you're going to generally accept that the temperatures are going to rise due to increase output of the device (it working harder).
m
l
August 11, 2012 8:40:18 PM

thanks oprahb747 for ur info..but u should know that now-a-days most of the laptop gpus can be overclocked..u can search for the laptop overclocking videos on youtube :) 
m
l
Related resources
August 11, 2012 9:03:22 PM

That's quite interesting to hear, as I'm mainly a desktop person myself, but I will be looking into purchasing a (new) laptop in the future, so it's nice to know that OC is more common on them now. I hope you resolved the question you had by the little information I could provide on the general consensus of temperatures and overclocking!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 29, 2012 11:18:02 PM

I know I'm necro'ing, but this thread came up when I Googled OC'ing my GT 650M. Anyhow, it's not too complicated to do and YES, it will increase your temperatures. Consider getting a cooling pad and make sure to monitor your temps.

Here's one Kepler Guide: http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphic...

I just got started using MSI afterburner for mine. But I haven't done it enough to encounter the stability issues that page mentions.
m
l
!