Your question

Clock speed help artifacts

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
August 11, 2012 10:36:23 AM

Hello,

My clock speeds are currently 750/900 for the ATI HD radeon 4870x2.
But I am experiencing artifacts. I was thinking to lower them, but should I? Or should I even overclock? I thought those rates were standard.
I ruled out overheat after a couple tests. The temp would go up to 80 and stay stable 79-82 all the time for an hour.
Artifacts were not linked to heat. They disappear for a while when I change back to 2d and right away back to 3D. So I was aiming clock speeds.
Is there something else that can cause artifacts? Additionally, i am not able to access clock speeds through ccc or rivatuner. The tabs are not there for some reason, but they used to. MSI afterburner seem to be working though. Also I disabled the GPU slave, if enabled its blue screen on every windows boot.

-win7
-1000W
-Asus p5q-e motherboard
-Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz

Thank you.

More about : clock speed artifacts

August 11, 2012 12:20:09 PM

Well i tried to underclock the 3d clock to 2d clock 507/500. Also overclocked to 800/1000, no changes. Seems like the artifacts are caused by something else. And are pretty random atm. I said MSI afterburner worked, yes it worked to change my clock settings. but as soon as i used the on screen display ( like seeing my clock speed on screen while playing games), i get artifacts, pixels change green, or i get a black screen with green lines before i crash.

Any suggestions?
August 11, 2012 4:00:35 PM

As an update, I got artifacts while browsing for the first time, but was way more aggressive then ingame. So i guess it has nothing to do with clock after all...Display driver kept failing and recover over and over again. But please let me know if more suggestions. Thanks.
August 11, 2012 8:38:15 PM

i replaced the card.
!