Sign in with
Your question

Need help with GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H (rev. 3.3

Last response: in Motherboards
August 5, 2010 7:56:50 AM

hi i have a GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H (rev. 3.3 with amd phenom II 550 black edition cant seem to unlock any core's every time i go in to m.i.t i turn on hybrid then advanced clock calibration to auto i save bios boots i look and the advanced clock calibration get's disabled i used bios f2 f5 f11 dont know why the advanced clock calibration get's disabled my friend has this cpu on his board and he was able to unlock all the core's if i use f2 or f5 bios i get a blank screen after i reboot have to take out the batt unplug power to get the system to boot when i do i get this massage post error occurs cmos checksum error my rev. 3.3 the f2 f5 bios is rev 1.0 dose that matter what rev i use becoz when i look at rev 3.3 that's mark on my board it say rev 3.3 but when i go to GIGABYTE look at rev 3.3 under bios updates there are

f12a

f11

f10

f9 and f8

anybody have any ideas
a b V Motherboard
August 5, 2010 11:38:02 AM

Try enabling the extra cores one at a time. 1,2 and 3 then 1,2 and 4.
m
l
August 5, 2010 7:47:20 PM

mosox said:
Try enabling the extra cores one at a time. 1,2 and 3 then 1,2 and 4.

how do i do that dont know how to turn only one core on and off can you please tell me how in the bios
m
l
a c 177 V Motherboard
August 6, 2010 2:19:59 PM

You have to realize that the original intention of this whole 'locked core' thing was to increase yields per wafer at the foundry; it apparently 'evolved' into a marketing thing - encouraging purchasers to think they were 'getting something for nothing'! You may simply have a processor with one or more actual bad cores... When the BIOS executes the AMD AGESA initialization of the chip, it appears to check this, and disable any cores it finds 'not up to spec'...
m
l
!