Sign in with
Your question

Bios freezes up on Gigabyte G1.Sniper3? Help :(

Last response: in Overclocking
August 11, 2012 3:43:48 PM

I don't know what is going on. I was able to see the Bios fine before i started Overclocking. I used that Easytune 6 and pushed the Red Button for overclocking. I was using it for about 2-3 days and everything i tested out appeared great. The Temps did not go up alot. So today when i wanted to go see my Bios, as soon as you call it, it freezes up right there on first site. I even tried with boot menu, and i can't press the UP and DOWN arrows. I returned the OC back to Default to see if maybe it was just the overclocking doing this and it's still doing it even with the Processor back to normal speeds.

-Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 Motherboard
-Intel i7 Core 3770k
-8GB Memory
-128GB Samsung SSD 830 Series
-Nvidia EVGA 670 GTX
-1050 Watt ULTRA PSU

Any help please because i don't understand why this is happening. Windows Boots just fine. But all of this is going to be a huge problem when i'm ready to set up a Raid-0.
August 11, 2012 3:46:28 PM

I forgot to mention i have a Corsair H100 attached too.
m
l
August 11, 2012 4:13:27 PM

I tried resetting the Cmos and that didn't work. Everything is still the same.
m
l
Related resources
August 11, 2012 4:25:47 PM

..Kind need some immediate assistance here. :( 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 11, 2012 9:21:59 PM

What "site" is it freezing on?

Can you run any programs at all? Maybe get into task manager, CPU-Z, anything?

m
l
August 11, 2012 10:59:45 PM

Okay, so basicly this is WEIRD because i just now figured it out. I've been playing The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion today using a very old Airflo Controller. This controller is the only controller than i know of that allows this game to function all the way. As the Xbox 360 controllers don't due to having a bad right analog.

Basicly in short. The cause of Bios freezing was that Airflo controller the whole time. When you unplug it and boot, Bios works fine again. A friend of mine says that this controller may be confusing the motherboard because it might be acting like a keyboard and mouse too.
m
l
August 11, 2012 11:05:37 PM

Thanks for trying to help Z1only but it's under control now. (Thank goodness i was afraid) lol.
m
l
!