3570k and Sabertooth Z77...running at 1.6 WTF

huntrik

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
Hey guys, so I finished my build last night and now notice that no matter what I do in the BIOS (which isn't much) that when I run CPU-Z it shows my cpu running at 1.6 instead of the 4.2+ that I want. My last OC machine was an E8400 so maybe there is something about the IB that I dont understand. Can someone help me out. Endstate, I'd like to be running between 4.2 and 4.5 and Im water cooled.

SPECS:

i5 3750k
Sabertooth Z77
GTX 690
HX850
H100 water cooler
16GB G.Skill 1600

Thanks,
Hunt

G

that would be speed step that lowers the multiplier when idling to consume less power when its not needed.

put a load on that cpu and watch it jump up.

^ That, or you can just use the High Performance power profile in Windows. That will keep it clocked up to max speed regardless of load. Doing that instead of disabling SpeedStep (the other option) allows you to set it back to Balanced when you don't need the full speed of the OC (which would be most of the time).

C-States are still enabled, too, I'm guessing. You should leave all power saving features enabled anyway. Once you finalize a stable OC, there's no reason not to. Less heat, less energy used and less wear and tear on the CPU.

That also includes using offsets for Vcore to let the voltage drop at idle, as well.

Yep.

Seriously though, just use the High Performance power profile when you want the max speed of the OC and use the Balanced profile when you don't. It's what I do. Very few people actually NEED a max speed 24/7 OC anyway.