Sign in with
Your question

Graphics card lockup possible fix

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 5, 2010 10:21:59 AM

Fix was cleaning dust...
I had problems with graphics performance so i updated drivers found game specific patches etc. but the problem only got worse.
I rolled back the drivers then uninstalled all ati software but it got worse.
In the end I removed the card to go back to onboard graphics when I saw lots of dust grime on the GPU fan heatsink and under...
I carefully removed the heatsink there was loads of dust on the memory.. removed the dust and reinstalled and so far so problems.
I read that GPU overheat can cause graphics corruption but memory overheat cause cause this random lockup....
Anyway really sorry if repost but didn't see anything about cleaning when i searched here and im sure there can be lots of other problems but this is worth checking.
a c 1410 U Graphics card
January 5, 2010 10:38:36 PM

niko6688 said:
Fix was cleaning dust...
I had problems with graphics performance so i updated drivers found game specific patches etc. but the problem only got worse.
I rolled back the drivers then uninstalled all ati software but it got worse.
In the end I removed the card to go back to onboard graphics when I saw lots of dust grime on the GPU fan heatsink and under...
I carefully removed the heatsink there was loads of dust on the memory.. removed the dust and reinstalled and so far so problems.
I read that GPU overheat can cause graphics corruption but memory overheat cause cause this random lockup....
Anyway really sorry if repost but didn't see anything about cleaning when i searched here and im sure there can be lots of other problems but this is worth checking.

Cleaning is usually the first advice people get when they come here and have problems with their cards that are not new.
m
l
!