Vue 8 Graphics Card Recommendation

G

Can anyone recommend an OpenGL graphics card that works with E-on softwares VUE 8 software

nitro912gr

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
Can anyone recommend an OpenGL graphics card that works with E-on softwares VUE 8 software

E-on is recommenting:
The following boards will perform using the new Shader engine. Other boards may not perform using the Shader engine, but will perform using the older fixed-pipeline one. In any case, Vue can perform in software OpenGL regardless of the video boards.
Windows:

* All boards with NVidia Quadro, GeForce8/9 and GT200 chips,
* ATI FirePro V8000 series with up-to-date drivers (i.e. not on original CD)

Boards with ATI Radeon 4800 series with updated drivers will work, but can suffer small performance issues. New ATI 5800 series remain untested at this point.
Macintosh:

* All boards with NVidia GeForce and GT200 chips,
* All boards with ATI Radeon HD and 4800 series (10.5.6+ required).

Boards that are not on this list may work with Vue, but haven't been extensively tested. If you run into any OpenGL issues, try disabling background draw and antialiasing in the Options panel. Worst case scenario: you can always run Vue in software OpenGL mode.

After the latest drivers I work greatly with an ATI 4850 (before that the openGL drivers were ***)

Most of the 3D applications are working with openGL, mostly because it is a multiplatform solution and I think are a couple of things that direct3D can not cover, but this is very technical for me to explain.
The only 3D app I know to work only in direct3D is 3d studio max.

Sorry for the greatly late posting.

nitro912gr

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010

yeah these two are really great, and they will show their true power with dense populated scenes, a must to have if you can afford them. V8800 is at 1500$ I think and the 5800 cost a bit more.