nokia 6230 firmware upgrade

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
March 12, 2005 11:13:05 PM

I want to get the firmware upgraded on my nokia 6230 to version 5.24. My
phone doesn't seem to be under warranty, so i understand i may have to
pay for this to be done, but what I can't seem to figure out is how to
go about getting this done. On the website, there's a pdf form to fill
out, but it clearly states that if you don't include a receipt with your
phone (which I don't have), the phone will be returned unserviced. So
how do I get it done if my phone is not under warranty and I'm willing
to pay for the services?

Any helps is appreciated.

Also, does anyone know if the phones currently sold at the Cingular
store would come with this new firmware already installed?
March 14, 2005 2:50:34 AM

Firmware upgrades for mobile phones are a "consumer mystery." None of the
GSM providers are equipped to handle this (they ignore the issue) and in the
US Nokia does not have a consistent approach to upgrades in the US. I sent
my phone to bongowireless.com in Ontario Canada. A little pricy but is
reliable and does good work. They upgraded my 6230 to 5.26.

"Dave" <davesnothere@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I want to get the firmware upgraded on my nokia 6230 to version 5.24. My
>phone doesn't seem to be under warranty, so i understand i may have to pay
>for this to be done, but what I can't seem to figure out is how to go about
>getting this done. On the website, there's a pdf form to fill out, but it
>clearly states that if you don't include a receipt with your phone (which I
>don't have), the phone will be returned unserviced. So how do I get it done
>if my phone is not under warranty and I'm willing to pay for the services?
>
> Any helps is appreciated.
>
> Also, does anyone know if the phones currently sold at the Cingular store
> would come with this new firmware already installed?
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 10:46:03 AM

What's in the 5.26 upgrade?

Don
"Dave" <davesnothere@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I want to get the firmware upgraded on my nokia 6230 to version 5.24. My
>phone doesn't seem to be under warranty, so i understand i may have to pay
>for this to be done, but what I can't seem to figure out is how to go about
>getting this done. On the website, there's a pdf form to fill out, but it
>clearly states that if you don't include a receipt with your phone (which I
>don't have), the phone will be returned unserviced. So how do I get it done
>if my phone is not under warranty and I'm willing to pay for the services?
>
> Any helps is appreciated.
>
> Also, does anyone know if the phones currently sold at the Cingular store
> would come with this new firmware already installed?
March 14, 2005 11:46:49 PM

Don Udel (ETC) wrote:
> What's in the 5.26 upgrade?
>
> Don

All i know is that as of 5.24, the bluetooth issues with BMW's built in
bluetooth system are resolved. I just got a new car and want this
feature working.
!