5040

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
November 10, 2004 9:19:18 AM

I'm probably gonna put my 5040 on ebay in the next week or so once I get
Dish installed with the built-in PVR. It's upgraded to a 120G drive, and
works great. If anyone wants it, I'll offer it here first. Just make an
offer.

--Mike

More about : 5040

Anonymous
November 10, 2004 10:34:20 AM

Lifetime or monthly?

From:mgg
mike@pacbell.net

> I'm probably gonna put my 5040 on ebay in the next week or so once I
> get Dish installed with the built-in PVR. It's upgraded to a 120G
> drive, and works great. If anyone wants it, I'll offer it here first.
> Just make an offer.
>
> --Mike
Anonymous
November 10, 2004 11:24:24 AM

"mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<Gpikd.6844$zx1.2631@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>...
> I'm probably gonna put my 5040 on ebay in the next week or so once I get
> Dish installed with the built-in PVR. It's upgraded to a 120G drive, and
> works great. If anyone wants it, I'll offer it here first. Just make an
> offer.
>
> --Mike

I think you'll regret dumping the 5040 for a dish pvr. I sold off my
501 and both 508's and switched to using replays instead. If you have
to go with a 510 or similar, you'll be paying the monthly pvr fee
anyhow, so why not stick with a better RTV pvr with more capabilities?

If you haven't explored networking multiple rtv's or using dvarchive,
you may not miss much, but you'll regret it when you realize what
you've lost. Also, the CA and IVS of the 5040 is a killer.. you'll
miss those once you go to dish.

You'd best hang on to the 5040 for awhile just to be sure that you can
do without it ;)
November 10, 2004 2:04:21 PM

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 06:19:18 GMT, "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:

>I'm probably gonna put my 5040 on ebay in the next week or so once I get
>Dish installed with the built-in PVR. It's upgraded to a 120G drive, and
>works great. If anyone wants it, I'll offer it here first. Just make an
>offer.
>
>--Mike

Think about what you're giving up, like the ability to record from ANY
source (not just Dish). Also, there's the ability to transfer shows to
your computer and DVArchive.

The Replay will work fine with a Dish receiver.

Mark Lloyd
has a Replay 5xxx
http://go.to/notstupid
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

November 10, 2004 7:34:21 PM

My condolences. :-)

Regards,

Margaret

"mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> I'm probably gonna put my 5040 on ebay in the next week or so once I get
> Dish installed with the built-in PVR. It's upgraded to a 120G drive, and
> works great. If anyone wants it, I'll offer it here first. Just make an
> offer.
>
> --Mike

Anonymous
November 11, 2004 2:19:47 AM

mgg wrote:
> I'm probably gonna put my 5040 on ebay in the next week or so once I get
> Dish installed with the built-in PVR. It's upgraded to a 120G drive, and
> works great. If anyone wants it, I'll offer it here first. Just make an
> offer.

I agree with what the others said but I'm going to put my money where my
mouth is... How much for your 5040 shipped to, oh, say zip code 4817
(not where I live, but this is a public post)
!