    Lifetime or monthly?

    From:mgg
    mike@pacbell.net

    "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<Gpikd.6844$zx1.2631@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>...
    > I'm probably gonna put my 5040 on ebay in the next week or so once I get
    > Dish installed with the built-in PVR. It's upgraded to a 120G drive, and
    > works great. If anyone wants it, I'll offer it here first. Just make an
    > offer.
    >
    > --Mike

    I think you'll regret dumping the 5040 for a dish pvr. I sold off my
    501 and both 508's and switched to using replays instead. If you have
    to go with a 510 or similar, you'll be paying the monthly pvr fee
    anyhow, so why not stick with a better RTV pvr with more capabilities?

    If you haven't explored networking multiple rtv's or using dvarchive,
    you may not miss much, but you'll regret it when you realize what
    you've lost. Also, the CA and IVS of the 5040 is a killer.. you'll
    miss those once you go to dish.

    You'd best hang on to the 5040 for awhile just to be sure that you can
    do without it ;)

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 06:19:18 GMT, "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:

    >I'm probably gonna put my 5040 on ebay in the next week or so once I get
    >Dish installed with the built-in PVR. It's upgraded to a 120G drive, and
    >works great. If anyone wants it, I'll offer it here first. Just make an
    >offer.
    >
    >--Mike

    Think about what you're giving up, like the ability to record from ANY
    source (not just Dish). Also, there's the ability to transfer shows to
    your computer and DVArchive.

    The Replay will work fine with a Dish receiver.

    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx
    http://go.to/notstupid
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    My condolences. :-)

    Regards,

    Margaret

    mgg wrote:
    > I'm probably gonna put my 5040 on ebay in the next week or so once I get
    > Dish installed with the built-in PVR. It's upgraded to a 120G drive, and
    > works great. If anyone wants it, I'll offer it here first. Just make an
    > offer.

    I agree with what the others said but I'm going to put my money where my
    mouth is... How much for your 5040 shipped to, oh, say zip code 4817
    (not where I live, but this is a public post)

ReplayTV Home Theatre