Thermaltake Frio OCK Fan Speed Adjuster doesn't work.

Stardust342

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2012
My Thermaltake Frio OCK that I just installed doesn't seem to change the speed of it's fans when I turn the knob of the speed dial. I have it on maximum setting and it's only going 950rpm. It also goes that speed on minimum. :( The minimum speed is supposed to be 1200rpm, but mine doesn't even pull that! I was once able to get it on full speed (from what I heard) but I turned it off again because I thought the speed dial was working. I was obviously wrong.
Motherboard: Foxconn 2AA9
PSU: Kentek 1050w
I am really impressed with this heatsink/fan... I was able to get my Phenom II x6 to 3.7 ghz and it only got up to 49c, on less than minimum fan speed :kaola:
So any help would really be appreciated. I might even send you some dead graphics cards if you solve my problem. :lol:

(Also: What do are the problems from running a 125w CPU on a 95w mobo? I've been doing it for over a year...)

What happens if you plug the heatsink into a connector other than one on the motherboard? You need to determine if the thing is defective so you can return it for one that works the way it's supposed to. If you do plug it into a different connection then you will have to disable the cpu fan monitor in the bios so the bios will let the Pc boot up.

Stardust342

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2012
Do you mean like plug it into a system fan plug? Or like plug it directly into the PSU? I have already tried it in a system fan plug, but obviously the problem persisted... and I don't have the right cable for plugging it in directly to the PSU.

Stardust342

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2012
The motherboard is a 3 pin plug anyways, so I don't think I'd need an adapter.
I already contacted the seller, but he hasn't responded yet. >.< Guess I'll try again.

EDIT: Seller is shipping replacement. Hopefully it will work. I'll post whether or not it does.

Stardust342

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2012
Well Id say if it worked or not and well.. it didn't work. I think it is probably my motherboard because the bios was restricted by HP or something because there are barely any options in it... the other motherboard I tested it in might be dead because when I plug a monitor into it, it doesn't get any signal from it... :0