Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Aerocool X-Predator Fan Setup?

Tags:
  • Aerocool
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
Share
August 12, 2012 5:40:57 AM

Hey i didn't know what forum to post this in so i posted it here..

I have purchased an Aerocool X-predator white case and i want to know a few things.

I will have a corsair h100 for my cpu and the radiator will be at the top of the case where the exhaust is. Is it worth me getting 2 x sythe 120mm fans to replace the stock ones?

And is it worth me filling every fan spot in my case?

My window lets me mount either 4 x 120mm fans or 1 x 200mm fan i was wondering if i should put fans there to increase performance or not and which setup if yes?

I will be overclocking my msi lightning gtx 680 and my i5 3570k.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Chris

More about : aerocool predator fan setup

a c 93 K Overclocking
August 12, 2012 7:56:12 AM

Renzkuken1 said:

I have purchased an Aerocool X-predator white case and i want to know a few things.

I will have a corsair h100 for my cpu and the radiator will be at the top of the case where the exhaust is. Is it worth me getting 2 x sythe 120mm fans to replace the stock ones?

I would think that a push/pull configuration on the H100 would be great (better performance) - I don't know that I would recommend scythe over any other fan maker but, sure, why not.
Renzkuken1 said:

And is it worth me filling every fan spot in my case?

Usually not, unless you find that airflow is inadequate, then adding one or two more fans as needed.
Renzkuken1 said:

My window lets me mount either 4 x 120mm fans or 1 x 200mm fan i was wondering if i should put fans there to increase performance or not and which setup if yes?

I will be overclocking my msi lightning gtx 680 and my i5 3570k.

Here you will want to add a fan - just so you have fresh cooler air available to your GPU - do you have to fill the spots? No, a single 120mm should be fine.

Score
0
August 12, 2012 9:05:08 AM

What brand fans then?

Does push/pull fit in my aerocool x-predator?

Would i want to leave stock fans on and put aftermarket in pull?
Score
0
Related resources

Best solution

a c 93 K Overclocking
August 12, 2012 9:51:13 AM

Renzkuken1 said:
What brand fans then?

I'm really not a fan expert, I just buy ones that look good or reuse ones from old computers.
Renzkuken1 said:
Does push/pull fit in my aerocool x-predator?

According to this video (which does not say it is push/pull but appears to be) I assume so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4zGWGIWXQ4
Renzkuken1 said:
Would i want to leave stock fans on and put aftermarket in pull?

That'll work fine
Share
August 15, 2012 11:08:51 PM

Best answer selected by renzkuken1.
Score
0
a b K Overclocking
August 20, 2012 8:13:16 PM

This topic has been closed by Arthurh
Score
0
!