Sign in with
Your question

5770 No signal No Post

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 5, 2010 6:06:04 PM

I just purchased a sapphire 5770 1gb card to replace my gt220 1gb. However when I install the card the pc powers up but there seems to be no signal at all. Fans etc are all spinning. the psu is a brand new 500w OCZ.
I have 2gb memory and a P5LP-LE (Leonite2) mobo link : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

I have tried updating my BIOs the most recent is a 2008 one but no avail. It all still works fine with the GT 220

Any ideas?

Thanks

More about : 5770 signal post

July 4, 2010 2:15:29 AM

I'm having the exact same problem with an XFX 5770 1gb on the P5LP-LE.

Found this link: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Monitors-and-video/XFX-Rad...

Tried switching "Primary Video Adapter" to "PCI-E" from "PCI" (was running a PCI express card no problem on the old setting).

Haven't tried running the on-board video as the last post in the article suggests nor have I updated the BIOS. The PC has a new power supply (tested with and without) and bumped it to 4gb of ram. Both work 100% with the old card and don't post/display anything with the new card.

I will keep looking and post back with my findings.
July 4, 2010 12:11:53 PM

^+1
Try as that guy said above...

Also, what version is your pcie slot on motherboard? 1.0? 1.1? 2.0?
And what version of HD5770? 2.0 or 2.1?
Related resources
July 5, 2010 6:54:19 PM

Not sure what version it is on either - this may be the issue. card link: my card

UPDATE: I tried my 5770 with all the steps and could not get it to work.

The BIOS had "PCI" set instead of "PCI-E" but didn't make a difference when I set it to the correct value. I tried the onboard setting as the article suggested and it still would not boot when the card was plugged in to the motherboard.

I read somewhere (sorry don't have the link) that someone contacted HP and found out that the board only supports 512mb PCI-E cards (not 1gb cards) which is in line with the article I linked in my previous post (he got it working with a 512mb card in the end). No idea how it would know but it appears to match up with the tests.

The same card works great in my other system (Q6600 & similar board) but I already have one and I can't fit 2 of them in my case.

Sorry to everyone reading this after purchasing the card. It is a really nice card... too bad the board doesn't support it.
July 10, 2010 8:22:48 AM

gwicksted said:
Not sure what version it is on either - this may be the issue. card link: my card

UPDATE: I tried my 5770 with all the steps and could not get it to work.

The BIOS had "PCI" set instead of "PCI-E" but didn't make a difference when I set it to the correct value. I tried the onboard setting as the article suggested and it still would not boot when the card was plugged in to the motherboard.

I read somewhere (sorry don't have the link) that someone contacted HP and found out that the board only supports 512mb PCI-E cards (not 1gb cards) which is in line with the article I linked in my previous post (he got it working with a 512mb card in the end). No idea how it would know but it appears to match up with the tests.

The same card works great in my other system (Q6600 & similar board) but I already have one and I can't fit 2 of them in my case.

Sorry to everyone reading this after purchasing the card. It is a really nice card... too bad the board doesn't support it.

I installed an asus 1gb pci-e card on my compaq with the same motherboard mentioned earlier. (p5lp-le) . It worked pretty good but I wanted better so I took it back and got an xfx hd 5670. I'm having the same problem with this card as was originally brought up. The fans come on but it won't boot. I have no power to the keyboard, mouse or moniter. I have updated the bios to the latest version. I have been reading threads and feel like my eyes are gonna pop out of my head. lol. I have a trouble ticket with xfx and all they can tell me so far is to update the bios (which I tried) and that they are having trouble with some motherboards, but he can't tell me which ones. I want to play the card, but I'm about to give up. Does anyone have any more info on this please?
July 11, 2010 11:37:26 PM

I had the same problem with my crossfire 5770's and also a friends 4890 crossfire, ended up i took the ram and video cards out and put them back in and both machines went in fine
!