Dell Inspiron 7000 - Windows XP touchpad won't work

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
July 23, 2004 10:13:04 PM

I upgraded my Inspiron 7000(P2 333, 128 MB RAM) to Windows XP Home.
It does not see the touchpad any more. I called Dell. They said it
just won't work with XP. I've seen some posts in the groups here that
it will work. Does anyone have any suggestions or a final word on
whether or not it will work? Thanks.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 6, 2009 10:55:07 PM

Hey I had the save problem with my inspiron 7000, but i did a little research and dell inspiron 7000's have only 2 ports wich are your mouce or touchpad and your keypad. with xp there can only be 1 driver due to storage space so fn + f5 will not work.
so...i spent 2 and a half hours looking for a way and luckly i came across a driver installer.
the link to it will be at the bottom BUT READ STILL OR YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS!
it installs a driver destroying your mouce driver and deleting some system32 (don't worry the program will do it for you,also they're nothing improtant just back up files for if you were to add ubuntu lynux or vista).
so my touchpad finally worked!.
also his driver may depend on your type of inspiron so i will add 2 more driver instalations for you = ].
also the hp dirver installer won't work.
ok so be sre to check me out on http://www.youtube.com/pchackerboy please reply!

Here are the links to the drivers:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Synaptics_Touchpad_Driver_d49...

or