XP Problems

My XP Professional is suddenly causing me great problems. The problem is
that I have a very hidden file named CSC, it can only be seen in 'System
Information', which seems to hold the files that have been synchronised
'offline files'. I have disabled synchronising of offline files but the Csc
file is using over 30 G of my hard disk and I cannot find out how to get rid
of the file.

Does anyone know the correct procedure for freeing up my hard disk.

Clive

C:\WINDOWS\CSC is a hidden folder. CSC, Client Side Cache.

Start | Run | Paste this in the box:

C:\WINDOWS\CSC

Hit ENTER
-----

Run Disk Cleanup, files should be listed there.
Start | Run | Type: cleanmgr | OK |
Either Temporary Offline Files or Offline Files

HOW TO: Search For Hidden Or System Files In Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302347

To display hidden files and folders
http://tinyurl.com/4lxxn

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:ck1gog$p39$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk,
clive <tuesday@oxenwood.fsnet.co.uk> hunted and pecked:
> My XP Professional is suddenly causing me great problems. The
> problem is that I have a very hidden file named CSC, it can only be
> seen in 'System Information', which seems to hold the files that have
> been synchronised 'offline files'. I have disabled synchronising of
> offline files but the Csc file is using over 30 G of my hard disk and
> I cannot find out how to get rid of the file.
>
> Does anyone know the correct procedure for freeing up my hard disk.
>
> Clive

Many thanks Wes your help has solved my problem so at least I now have a
whole 40G drive.

Thanks

Clive

> C:\WINDOWS\CSC is a hidden folder. CSC, Client Side Cache.
>
> Start | Run | Paste this in the box:
>
> C:\WINDOWS\CSC
>
> Hit ENTER
> -----
>
> Run Disk Cleanup, files should be listed there.
> Start | Run | Type: cleanmgr | OK |
> Either Temporary Offline Files or Offline Files
>
> HOW TO: Search For Hidden Or System Files In Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302347
>
> To display hidden files and folders
> http://tinyurl.com/4lxxn
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:ck1gog$p39$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk,
> clive <tuesday@oxenwood.fsnet.co.uk> hunted and pecked:
> > My XP Professional is suddenly causing me great problems. The
> > problem is that I have a very hidden file named CSC, it can only be
> > seen in 'System Information', which seems to hold the files that have
> > been synchronised 'offline files'. I have disabled synchronising of
> > offline files but the Csc file is using over 30 G of my hard disk and
> > I cannot find out how to get rid of the file.
> >
> > Does anyone know the correct procedure for freeing up my hard disk.
> >
> > Clive

Super. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.