Login Screen and desktop flickering and unable to see

harmin5288

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Hello,

I am a newbie to this site so please go easy. I did a search but unable to find the issue most like mine.

Background...my computer stopped turning on a few days ago. today i opened up the case unplugged everything- hdd, burnder, power supply, ram etc. I even took the cmos battery out. it has the asus a8vm-se motherboard, built in graphics/sound with a stick of 512mb ram.

I rechecked connections and plugged everything back in.

when i start it up the screen works fine while doing the initial boot but when i get to the xp logon screen, i can barely make it out. when i get to the desktop same thing..the screen is flickering and i see doubles of everything but on opposite sides of desktop. I cant click on them because even though i can make them out, since everything is shifted i cant find where to click.

I right clicked to change the resolution, but when the display menu comes up, i can't seem to get to the screen settings tab because everything is shifted.

I know this guy is on its last legs, but I need something to hold me over for another couple weeks.

any ideas?

borrow another monitor.