[Help] 200mm Radiator for BitFenix Raider

UVB076

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
As far as I know, there are 2 200mm radiators on the market, the Antec and the Phobya. Which one is better? What other parts would be recommended? I am running a i5-3570K with an Asus P8Z77-V Lk and Vengeance RAM inside a BitFenix Spectre Pro. Which 200mm fans are the best? Would Bitfenix Spectre Pros to the job well?

Solution
I have never really worried about whether it was a rear top or bottom mounted if you have good air flow through the case it will work fine you do not want to be pulling or pushing hot air through the rad.
As far as coolant I am currently using water wetter at 3% distilled water at 97% and 3 drops of HTH super extended algae guard added every 2 months flushed and filled every 6 months.
Before this I used water wetter 3% antifreeze 17% and distilled water 80% for years without any issues what I am using now is new for me.

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
well i can tell you what i like and what i have used here is a link to my build remember this is after 15 years of doing this, i did not start out this way.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/274855-29-experimental-radiator-build

i like the 655 series of pumps

i like the tube style res

i like thick wall tubing 3/8ID 5/8OD i did not get it because all of my fittings are 3/8ID 1/2OD and i did not want to buy all new ones

i like copper blocks thay seem to work well

but this is me, you may have different tastes then me. The bits power res is what I own, chemical resistant tubing lasts longer than other types, I am currently using norprene tubing to see if it lasts longer than the chemical resistant, and the 655 series pumps give me a solid 5 years at 24/7 operation.

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Well I do call myself toolmaker if I wanted it all in the case or on it in this matter. I would remove the lower half of the HHD cage and mount the 2X120mm there, with cut out’s for the exhaust you may need to put larger feet on the case for proper air flow and the 2x200mm I would mount on the top of the case on the outside of it. It is not hard to cut holes in a case and drill a couple of holes for bolts to hold it all together.
Here have a look at mine and you can get the idea I don’t let the little things stop me.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/274855-29-experimental-radiator-build

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
As far as the 360 setup I was going to suggest a rad box made out of wood they work quite well and the case can be placed on top of it MOTO built one and it came out looking very nice had a bay res with pump mounted in it as well

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Ok I get what you’re doing, your asking if a 200mm rad with fan can support a CPU the answer is yes, but when you go to clock it the temps will only be as good as an expensive air cooler, it will get a little hot under load clocked. If I were to guess I would say around 155 F top. I am basing this on my systems that I have built with 2 x 240 rads and fans. The system clocked would heat up after a few hours and I would have to shut down the game for an hour to let it cool down.

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
I have never really worried about whether it was a rear top or bottom mounted if you have good air flow through the case it will work fine you do not want to be pulling or pushing hot air through the rad.
As far as coolant I am currently using water wetter at 3% distilled water at 97% and 3 drops of HTH super extended algae guard added every 2 months flushed and filled every 6 months.
Before this I used water wetter 3% antifreeze 17% and distilled water 80% for years without any issues what I am using now is new for me.

Solution

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
the parts listed above are good parts and I like the thick wall tubing so 3/8 ID 5/8 OD tubing with fittings to match I like the chemical resistant tubing but the norprene may be a better buy I do not know yet I haven’t had it long enough to know

chemical resistant tubing will give you a solid 6 years before having to be replaced.