Unable to Boot from DVD Bios Prob?

Gothik420

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
System:
BIOSTAR MCP6P M2+ 6.X AM3/AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 / nForce 430 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Athlon II X2 255 3.1GHz
3 gb 667 OCzone ram
A terabyte Sata and a 200 gb IDE normally used for the os
DVDrw on ide also

Setup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m92_RXkC-P0
I only have 1 sata in use for the HDD
The IDE HDD is a master to the IDE DVDrw

The problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQhDY0_-eac
I recently installed the motherboard listed and was not able to boot from the win7 DVD from outside windows.I know the DVD is bootable and Will boot in 2 other machines and before the new motherboard booted just fine in this DVDrw. Other Known bootable CD/DVDs do not work either. I have set in the bios to boot from the CDROM device > removeable storage > HDD.
When the DVD is in and the system is booted it does say "press any key to boot from the DVD" however when i press any key nothing happens and then windows boots.All the keyboard lights that should be on are on and the keyboard responds in the bios.

Thanks for any help i would really like to be able to fresh install Win7.If there is any info i have left out pls let me know and ill get back to you asap.

Gothik420

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Bumping this as i still need help and am tearing my hair out over this and an email was sent saying the post will go inactive soon.
Am i not giving enough information?This motherboard even has stickers on it saying recommended by toms hardware lol. Is there anything i can do to be able to boot from CD/DVD media again?

Gothik420

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
I have now updated my bios..Still unable to boot from any media other then HDD. I cant believe in a month this problem has stumped everyone at this forum?Is there anything i can do to be able to boot from cd/dvd media?

Gothik420

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Well this will prob be my last post here.
I cant believe no one on what i was told is the best comp help site can even give me a starting point to work from in over a month.I find it funny that this MOBO came with so much TOMS HARDWARE emblems and high recommendations all over it and the box.Even a toms hardware Foldout thing about the best forum on the net. lol
I know im writing most of this outta E-Rage but its still frustrating. But is it all just advertising inserts that are added into comp hardware boxes to just get more hits for this site? But not provide help? I understand some problems are complex but to not even post and say something anything at all that might be useful?
oh well have fun guys

wiro67

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
i would try a few things
1 change the order in the ide setup make the dvd drive master and the ide hd slave

2.if that does nothing ,can you test the dvd drive in an other system ,just to make sure its not a dvd/cdrom issue

3 is there an option that you can press at boot to enter the boot manneger so you can choose wich drive to boot from?

just a few toughts that go tru my head :pt1cable:

Gothik420

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010

I have tried every way possible on the IDE even with just it on the ide by itself still no boot

Yes the dvd drive does work in other systems and the media boots fine in this DVD drive in other systems.

There is an option to select boot device when i select the dvd drive it just boots windows as normal pls see the videos above.

Update your BIOS. Should fix the problem - Please report back. Also, prior to BIOS flashing, Load Optimized Defaults, Exit & Save, and reboot. ;)

File Size 1024 KB Upload Date 2010-06-29
Description Fix sometimes can't boot to OS
File 61PBM629.BSS

http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/bios.php?S_ID=370

Please update the BIOS to the latest version while using AM2+ CPUs. Due to the latest CPU transition, you may encounter the situation that the new system failed to boot while using new AM2+ CPUs. In this case, please install one standard AM2 CPU to boot your system, and update the latest BIOS from our website for AM2+ CPUs support.

Good Luck!

Gothik420

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010

Heh already done