Mar 16, 2010
Please rank these processors from best to worst at stock setting:
• Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200
• Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5300
• Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5400
• AMD Athlon II X2 240
• AMD Athlon II X2 245
• AMD Athlon II X2 250

If you can provide link of comparison and benchmark of these processors, better. Some sites I visited only include high-end processors to their comparison chart. I hope you can provide various sources so I can get the average feedback. I also have few questions:
• Does AM3 platform have significant advantage over AM2+ except DDR3?
• If I'm not mistaken, pairing an AM3 processor with an AM2+ board affects HyperTransport. Can someone explain to me in simple term what HyperTransport is? Is there a significant difference?

Solution
This list of scores is not 100% but it is generally accurate. I haven't checked the scores of your CPUs on it though.
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

Off the top of my head I would think (worst to best sorry):
e5200 - worst
e5300
e5400
250 - best

In my experience, the athlon II/phenom II will perform the same as the core2 with the core 2 (these pentiums are core 2 based) at 200MHz slower. The cache of both processors is the same in the comparison above.

-I don't believe there is an advantage. If there is, it is very small.
-hypertransport is the link between the RAM and CPU. The hit on hypertransport will not make a difference.
This list of scores is not 100% but it is generally accurate. I haven't checked the scores of your CPUs on it though.
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

Off the top of my head I would think (worst to best sorry):
e5200 - worst
e5300
e5400
250 - best

In my experience, the athlon II/phenom II will perform the same as the core2 with the core 2 (these pentiums are core 2 based) at 200MHz slower. The cache of both processors is the same in the comparison above.

-I don't believe there is an advantage. If there is, it is very small.
-hypertransport is the link between the RAM and CPU. The hit on hypertransport will not make a difference.

Solution

Latest posts