Sign in with
Your question

Palit GTS 250 1gb questions

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 5, 2010 9:00:04 PM

I'm trying to diagnose a problem, but I can't seem to find the information I need. I have this card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Is HDMI out enabled by default? I just put a system together and I haven't been able to get a signal from the card to try and configure the computer. I currently have it hooked up to my monitor through HDMI, but the monitor gets no signal. Do I need to go buy a VGA cable to hook up to it? The monitor has no DVI inputs, so that's out.

Also, if I get a VGA cable, and it works, will I lose any resolution or color depth versus using the HDMI?

Thanks.
a c 273 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 5, 2010 9:12:40 PM

You will need to set the HDMI output via the Nvidia control panel > Display > Set up multiple displays.
m
l
January 5, 2010 9:15:19 PM

Thanks for the info. Which output will be enabled by default then? I need to know so I can get some kind of picture first :) 
m
l
Related resources
a c 273 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 5, 2010 9:19:00 PM

Do you have either a DVI > VGA or DVI > HDMI adapter?
m
l
January 5, 2010 9:47:18 PM

No, but I'm about to go to the local Microcenter to pick something up. Just wanted to know exactly what I need before I leave. I don't want to get a VGA to DVI adapter if I don't need one. I have VGA inputs on the monitor, but not DVI. HDMI and VGA in only.
m
l
a c 273 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 5, 2010 10:14:56 PM

I would get a DVI > VGA adaper and a VGA cable if you don't have one as the card outputs to DVI by default.
m
l
January 6, 2010 12:27:54 AM

Actually, since I already have the HDMI cable, it would be more cost-efficient to just get a DVI to HDMI adapter. Would that work just as well, or should I go ahead and pony up for the DVI to VGA and a VGA cable?
m
l
a c 273 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 6, 2010 12:41:28 AM

You could try that first, but I've found that a HDMI port does not always work unless it senses a connection so you may need to have to establish a DVI/VGA connection with the HDMI cable connected as well at the same time.
m
l
January 6, 2010 12:48:19 AM

Dude, you've been a ton of help. You're awesome. Thanks.
m
l
a c 273 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 6, 2010 1:26:18 AM

No problem, I hope it works out for you.
m
l
!