Palit GTS 250 1gb questions

I'm trying to diagnose a problem, but I can't seem to find the information I need. I have this card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814261050

Is HDMI out enabled by default? I just put a system together and I haven't been able to get a signal from the card to try and configure the computer. I currently have it hooked up to my monitor through HDMI, but the monitor gets no signal. Do I need to go buy a VGA cable to hook up to it? The monitor has no DVI inputs, so that's out.

Also, if I get a VGA cable, and it works, will I lose any resolution or color depth versus using the HDMI?

Thanks.
10 answers Last reply
More about palit questions
  1. You will need to set the HDMI output via the Nvidia control panel > Display > Set up multiple displays.
  2. Thanks for the info. Which output will be enabled by default then? I need to know so I can get some kind of picture first :)
  3. Do you have either a DVI > VGA or DVI > HDMI adapter?
  4. No, but I'm about to go to the local Microcenter to pick something up. Just wanted to know exactly what I need before I leave. I don't want to get a VGA to DVI adapter if I don't need one. I have VGA inputs on the monitor, but not DVI. HDMI and VGA in only.
  5. I would get a DVI > VGA adaper and a VGA cable if you don't have one as the card outputs to DVI by default.
  6. Okay, thanks!
  7. Actually, since I already have the HDMI cable, it would be more cost-efficient to just get a DVI to HDMI adapter. Would that work just as well, or should I go ahead and pony up for the DVI to VGA and a VGA cable?
  8. You could try that first, but I've found that a HDMI port does not always work unless it senses a connection so you may need to have to establish a DVI/VGA connection with the HDMI cable connected as well at the same time.
  9. Dude, you've been a ton of help. You're awesome. Thanks.
  10. No problem, I hope it works out for you.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors HDMI Graphics Product