Want to juice my CPU

mizerakyer

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
Hey guys, im new in here obviously. Im hoping that someone can help me overclock my CPU. I want to juice it to the max! I checked some tips at the internet but it just get me confused. I tried setting my CPU Frequency to 300 (200 default) as some guy switch it to 300 in youtube, it worked fine for him. But for me, my screen just gave me the BLACK SCREEN. So I considered to ask you guys and stop guessing what to do. Here's my specs

CPU: Pentium(r) dual core E5400 @ 2.70 GHz
Motherboard: ECS G31T-M7
RAM: 1Gx2 DDR2 (Kingston) DRAM Frequency is set to 800
Graphic Card is: NVIDIA GeForce 210 DDR3 1G

Please. Please. Please kindly help me! Thanks!

akxpckwb

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Start by reading a guide. We have one here on the forum that will be enough to get you started. All parts of hardware are different from one another so just because some dude just raised the frequency to 300 and it worked for him it does not mean it will work for you. You have to raise it slowly and see how it goes

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/259903-29-overclocking-benchmarking-guides

This is a sticky that is posted for people to use as a guide if they want to overclock thier cpu.
Doing an overclock of your cpu is not just going into the bios and change a few settings and "bam" your done with a maxxed out overclocked cpu. The process to overclock is a tedious time consuming process that has to be done slowly and carefully or you'll get black screens and a non working computer.
You need a good cpu cooler and a good application of thermal compound so that you can properly dissapate the heat generated from the overclock. You also need a lot of patience and a good amount of spare time to do a proper overclock.

G

+1

and i will add some more to that. each CPU will overclock differently, not all will be able to overclock as high or as well temp wise. also different chipsets overclock better than others. the P35 or P45 chipsets overclock like a beast for the C2D and pentiums. the the "G" series (G31, G41 and G45) were horrible; they hit a "wall" much sooner when trying to raise the FSB.

just because you saw someone jack up their FSB on a video does'n't mean your motherboard/cpu are capable of doing the same.

As some others have said READ READ and learn before you jump into overclocking. Learn every thing you can about your mainobard and what it can and can't do in regards to overclocking. In most cases you will not get very far with the stock cooler. You should get a good aftermarket heatsink/fan and quality thermal past before you even start overclocking.