MSi N9800GT = No Six Pin PSU Plug in?

Hi i have a problem, i got a new 9800Gt and i tried to find out where to put the PSU 6pin connector in and i couldnt find one. Is this even possible for the 9800GT? The card works okay, but i get 15 - 28 Fps on Left 4 Dead on recommended settings. Does this have anything to do with it? Please help!!
24 answers Last reply
More about n9800gt plug
  1. What brand? Not all 9800Gts require a 6 pin connector
  2. The newer 9800GTs have no power connector(and are slightly slower.)
    You should be getting better frame rates than that. What resolution/settings are you using and did you install the latest drivers from the Nvidia site?
  3. FizalX said:
    Hi i have a problem, i got a new 9800Gt and i tried to find out where to put the PSU 6pin connector in and i couldnt find one. Is this even possible for the 9800GT? The card works okay, but i get 15 - 28 Fps on Left 4 Dead on recommended settings. Does this have anything to do with it? Please help!!

    What you have there is the Eco green model.
  4. cmichael138 said:
    What brand? Not all 9800Gts require a 6 pin connector


    I have a new MSi N9800GT

    I just got it like 5 days ago.
  5. jyjjy said:
    The newer 9800GTs have no power connector(and are slightly slower.)
    You should be getting better frame rates than that. What resolution/settings are you using and did you install the latest drivers from the Nvidia site?



    For Left 4 Dead im using 1280x1024 And:

    Anastrophic Filter: x4

    Triple Buffering

    Very High

    High

    Low

    High

    Thats what it looks like in game, i also have a Intel Pentium core dual 2.80GHz.
  6. Mousemonkey said:
    What you have there is the Eco green model.



    Ummm, what is a Eco green model, lol?
  7. FizalX said:
    Ummm, what is a Eco green model, lol?

    The standard 9800GT uses about 100 - 105w but the Eco version uses 75w or less.
  8. Mousemonkey said:
    The standard 9800GT uses about 100 - 105w but the Eco version uses 75w or less.


    Yeah i don't have the ECO green model, i have MSi N9800GT.
  9. FizalX said:
    Ummm, what is a Eco green model, lol?

    It s the newest version of the 9800GT it is power efficient and does not need a external power connection. They are as well clocked at 550Mhz versus the old std 600Mhz.
  10. rolli59 said:
    It s the newest version of the 9800GT it is power efficient and does not need a external power connection. They are as well clocked at 550Mhz versus the old std 600Mhz.


    Oh okay, well my card doesnt have a external power connector. But it still doesnt explain why i get 15 - 28 FPS on Left 4 Dead?
  11. If that's an old P4 then I would suspect that is what's holding you back, have you tried any benchies or other games?
  12. The 9800GT should do a lot better than that. If that's a Pentium D then I'd guess it's the processor.
  13. Yeah its a intel Pentium D Dual Core 2.80GHz, is there anything i could do?
  14. It's possible your motherboard can use core2duos. Tell us the brand/model. If you don't know it use CPU-Z;
    http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php
  15. jyjjy said:
    It's possible your motherboard can use core2duos. Tell us the brand/model. If you don't know it use CPU-Z;
    http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php


    Intel Pentium D 820
    Windows Vista Home Basic Edition (Build 6000)
    CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 1 Cores - 1 Threads
    CPU PSN : Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz
    CPU EXT : MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 EM64T
    CPUID : F.4.7 / Extended : F.4
    CPU Cache : L1 : 12 / 16 KB - L2 : 1024 KB
    Core : SmithField (90 nm) / Stepping : B0

    Freq : 2793.06 MHz (199.5 * 14)
    MB Brand : Dell
    MB Model : 0WG864
    NB : Intel P965/G965 rev C2
    SB : Intel 82801HH (ICH8DH) rev B0

    GPU Type : NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
    GPU Clocks : Core 550 MHz / RAM 900 MHz
    DirectX Version : 10.0

    RAM : 2048 MB DDR2
    RAM Speed : Unknown (Unknown) @ N/A
    Slot 1 : 512MB (4300)
    Slot 1 Manufacturer : Qimonda
    Slot 2 : 1024MB (4300)
    Slot 2 Manufacturer : A-Data Technology
    Slot 3 : 512MB (4300)
    Slot 3 Manufacturer : Qimonda
  16. According to this thread
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/262368-28-intel-e7400-dell-0wg864
    you are in luck. It can't use 45nm but it can use the older ones. A Q6600 would be an excellent upgrade if you can afford one. Worlds better than your current processor.
    Make sure to update your bios first.
  17. jyjjy said:
    According to this thread
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/262368-28-intel-e7400-dell-0wg864
    you are in luck. It can't use 45nm but it can use the older ones. A Q6600 would be an excellent upgrade if you can afford one. Worlds better than your current processor.
    Make sure to update your bios first.


    Okay so what what am i doing? Updating my bios? Sorry dude but im lost. You want me to get a new processor and upgrade my bios? How do i do that?

    Can you find the Q6600 at canadacomputers.com ? I live in canada and theres a store near my house, if you can find me a Q6600 for cheap price, that would be great, thanks

    BTW i belive my CPU is like glued into my motherboard, don't think i can take it out?
  18. The only way I know is to flash it with a floppy, I think they let CD/DVD & USB flashing now.
  19. There's a link to the bios update right in that thread. Likely you just need to run the update and let it do it's thing. It's a good idea even without upgrading the processor.
    Most places don't sell the Q6600 anymore as it's an older CPU. Some do though. This place appears to ship to Canadia and the price is decent;
    http://www.stalliontek.com/product_p/qs-q6600.htm
    The cpu isn't "glued" to your motherboard. It has a fan/heatsink attached to it. You would need to remove that.
  20. jyjjy said:
    There's a link to the bios update right in that thread. Likely you just need to run the update and let it do it's thing. It's a good idea even without upgrading the processor.
    Most places don't sell the Q6600 anymore as it's an older CPU. Some do though. This place appears to ship to Canadia and the price is decent;
    http://www.stalliontek.com/product_p/qs-q6600.htm
    The cpu isn't "glued" to your motherboard. It has a fan/heatsink attached to it. You would need to remove that.


    Naw b, it doesnt have a fan on it. I think is the Cpu that is soldered in.
  21. You are incorrect and looking at something else. The cpu is in a socket under the large fan attached to your motherboard and is removable.
  22. jyjjy said:
    You are incorrect and looking at something else. The cpu is in a socket under the large fan attached to your motherboard and is removable.


    Okay, ill take a picture of it.
  23. sabot00 said:
    The only way I know is to flash it with a floppy, I think they let CD/DVD & USB flashing now.


    They may have it where it can be installed while still in Windows just by running the update program. Mine is that way :]
  24. Oh that's convenient.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics MSI-Microstar