Need Help with my CASE FANS!

hubict12

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
Hello, the other day i bought a new case fan and switched it with my older one. i plugged it to the 3 pin fan connector on the motherboard and everything works great. However i decided to install my older one so i could get even more air flow through out the case and keep everything nice and cool. Here is the problem, there is no more 3 pin connectors on the motherboard and no 4 pin fan connectors. Is there any other way i could make the two fans work? Please help me out! Thank you!

Z1NONLY

Distinguished

Fan splitter. I use the kind that has 3 wires on one side and two wires on the other. That way there's only one fan "talking" to the MB and the other is along for the ride. I can't find a link to that one, so here is a link to one that's similar so you know generally what it looks like.

If you are going to use two different fans, I recommend the 3-wire/2 wire splitter rather than the 3-wire/3-wire type.

If the connector you are using is just a "power fan" connection that doesn't monitor fan speed, then either should work.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200455