Help with TSR downloads..

Okay, I know this isn't the TSR newsgroup, but I couldn't find a
helpful answer ANWHERE on their site.. I have a bunch of stuff that I
downloaded from them, and put into the My
Documents\EAGames\Sims2\downloads folder just like they ask.. But NONE
of them work!!! What's the dilly, yo!?!?!? .... God I'm white... And
it's not just a matter of meshes, I'm talking about eyes/skintones and
all.. And yes, they're fully extracted and everything.
2 answers Last reply
More about help downloads

    "Chazz" <ChazzK@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Okay, I know this isn't the TSR newsgroup, but I couldn't find a
    > helpful answer ANWHERE on their site.. I have a bunch of stuff that I
    > downloaded from them, and put into the My
    > Documents\EAGames\Sims2\downloads folder just like they ask.. But NONE
    > of them work!!! What's the dilly, yo!?!?!? .... God I'm white... And
    > it's not just a matter of meshes, I'm talking about eyes/skintones and
    > all.. And yes, they're fully extracted and everything.

    Did you put skin tones, eyes, skins and anything generic into subfolders?
    If so, don't do that. All those need to be in just the downloads folder, no
    subfolders. Objects, walls, floors and ground covers can be in subfolders.
    If you got any objects or recolors, you need to get the CEP too and install
    it (run the exe file).
    Now let's talk about what you are looking for in the game. For recolors,
    you click the original base object and choose the recolor from the popout.
    For original meshes (objects), they will show in their respective category.
    All usermade files will have an asterix on them. In create a sim section,
    click the asterix to get to the user made stuff in each section.
    Do you have university? If so, some of your downloads may not be compatible
    with university. If you don't have university, some of your objects may
    require it, so they will not work for you.
    Everywhere you download at TSR, there is a description and instructions for
    each file, read them.

    ..... Ha, figured it out... Turns out that for whatever reason, the TSR
    Wizard USED to work for me, but now doesn't. Oh well, guess I'll have
    to take that extra step of unzipping! Heavens! But thanks for the help
    anyway blu ^_^;

Sims Newsgroup Games Video Games