Windows XP multiple users

I just bought a new computer and would like more info on multiple users.
I am not new to computers just the multiple user feature within XP.
Are all programs shared?
To share a program must it be loaded before users are added?
Does each user boot up differently? If so would some set up a "gaming user"?
If one user downloaded a virus would it be limited to that user or infect
the entire system?
I will be using this computer for my home business with a notebook or two
networked to it via a wireless router.
My family will be using the desktop for fun, email, internet, etc, and I
would like to protect the system as much as possible.

Any advice is appreciated,

Scott

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Bookstore: Windows XP Inside Out ISBN 0-7356-1382-6